A JAE .21G2 thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

My kit showed up this morning to my surprise. One, early this AM it was shown on the USPS Tracker as still being in New York state. Surprise two, explaining why the postwoman knocked on the door instead of just putting the mail in the box. OOPS! :unsure:

After briefly looking it over, the wood and metal parts look good! This may be even an easier build than the .12 version as things appear to be roomier inside.

I scanned through the manual quickly as I'll go through it thoroughly tonight at work. I did spot one little typo and it is as far as the fuel tank needed. It does say to use an 8 oz. Sullivan but gives the wrong number, it should be an SS-8 instead of an SS-4. Most of you should know that anyway. Kently got his face in the cover. Don't worry, it won't scare small children! :lol:

It doesn't go into specifics as what servos to use but the servo mounts are made so that they're adjustable to throw in your favorites. I'll most likely go with my old standby, a HS-645MG and maybe a HS-82MG for the throttle.

I got the motor mounts, rudder and the boom collet also. Joe said that a new strut is in the works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good. What motor are you going to run? Are you going to run a third channel needle?

My kit showed up this morning to my surprise. One, early this AM it was shown on the USPS Tracker as still being in New York state. Surprise two, explaining why the postwoman knocked on the door instead of just putting the mail in the box. OOPS!
unsure.gif

After briefly looking it over, the wood and metal parts look good! This may be even an easier build than the .12 version as things appear to be roomier inside.

I scanned through the manual quickly as I'll go through it thoroughly tonight at work. I did spot one little typo and it is as far as the fuel tank needed. It does say to use an 8 oz. Sullivan but gives the wrong number, it should be an SS-8 instead of an SS-4. Most of you should know that anyway. Kently got his face in the cover. Don't worry, it won't scare small children!
laugh.gif

It doesn't go into specifics as what servos to use but the servo mounts are made so that they're adjustable to throw in your favorites. I'll most likely go with my old standby, a HS-645MG and maybe a HS-82MG for the throttle.

I got the motor mounts, rudder and the boom collet also. Joe said that a new strut is in the works.

Ron,

An 645 is a huge overkill for a 20 rigger. It is intended for a 45 and is what I normally use on my 45 riggers. For a 20, look at the 225MG or Futaba equivalent. You will save transom weight too

One thing I will be looking for is a traditional cowl that fits the tub. I will be using a NR so a half cowl would work. Ideas?

Lastly, where are the build plans that match this version EXACTLY? There have been revisions so I want the plans that match identically.

I haven't had much luck with the 225-MG's and I know that the 645-MG is overkill. Any standard servo should turn the rudder with no effort which is something for those on a budget could think of using.

No, I'll probably just use a remote needle.

Which engine is still up in the air. The new "Hybrid" Nova Rossi does look very good but then again, the new A/A could be something other than the norm. I've got a while to think it over as the lakes are getting kinda slushy here this week.

No ideas right now on a cowl but I'm guessing that there will be some in the works very soon or that one from some other .21 'riggers could easily go on.

So this kit is pre cut and everything? Where do you get all the hardware from? cost of hardware? I guess I am looking to see what a complete build would run?

Roy

Yes, it's a CNC cut kit. What isn't included Joe has some hardware on his site but other than that you'll need whatever doesn't normally come with any boat kit. It's hard to put a price tag on what getting it put together and running would cst you as it would depend on what you put in it. It's made to be flexible as even a low-dollar version would give you very good results.

I was just going to post again anyway when I got your motification.

I went downstairs early this AM before hitting the hay and starting test fitting parts. Whatever Joe and the gang did with the changes to the building of the sponsons they really need to incorporate into the .12 kit! It makes aligning of the outer sheeting so much easier!

Of course, reading the manual is actually fun as Joe keeps putting his own self-depricating humor in there so it makes you feel that he's been there and messed that up himself.

This thread is pretty lame without any photos, so where's the beef?
http://www.zippkits.com/12G.pdf
If you need to see pictures to satisfy your "lame" gene.....then here is a link to the .12G instruction manual...read it...it

has lots of pictures for you to study..... <_<

If that doesn't do it,get first hand experience and buy the $69.95 .21G kit and build it......

:blink: :blink: :blink:

someone feeling better <_<

http://www.zippkits.com/12G.pdf
If you need to see pictures to satisfy your "lame" gene.....then here is a link to the .12G instruction manual...read it...it

has lots of pictures for you to study..... <_<

If that doesn't do it,get first hand experience and buy the $39.95 .12G kit and build it......
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

someone feeling better <_<
Tim,

Edit your reply......I meant to say the .21G2 kit....thanks Rod ;)

Not Found

The requested URL /21G2.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

No manual to download, trying that link since you guys put it on the site...... no dice. If you need a web guy to help you out on your site, I could help out alittle. Such as, getting it listed with google better, I dont care what you type in for .12/.21/rigger your site is nowhere to be found. I know your not making boats to make money or market it, but more people would get to your site and get into boating if it came up on a search. I can also do some cleaning up on the cart and pics..... it could look pretty decent in realitively little time. Sure would make it alot easier to surf and purchase things

Not Found

The requested URL /21G2.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

No manual to download, trying that link since you guys put it on the site...... no dice. If you need a web guy to help you out on your site, I could help out alittle. Such as, getting it listed with google better, I dont care what you type in for .12/.21/rigger your site is nowhere to be found. I know your not making boats to make money or market it, but more people would get to your site and get into boating if it came up on a search. I can also do some cleaning up on the cart and pics..... it could look pretty decent in realitively little time. Sure would make it alot easier to surf and purchase things
Tony,I don't have a site.......I was just posting a link to the Zippkits site....

The .21G2 manual is not on the zippkits site as of yet but the .12G manual is there......both manuals are virtually identical.

I was just trying to refer Eric to some photos of assembly to take a look at......

Tony,I don't have a site.......I was just posting a link to the Zippkits site....

The .21G2 manual is not on the zippkits site as of yet but the .12G manual is there......both manuals are virtually identical.

I was just trying to refer Eric to some photos of assembly to take a look at......

Gotcha, sorry you bother you

I did take some shots but either my camera or computer is giving me problems with uploading them. What I took was some of the kit still in the box and then some comparison shots between the tubs and sponsons of the .12 and .21 versions.

I'll keep trying........

DSCF1658.jpg

DSCF1659.jpg

Gotcha, sorry you bother you

No bother whatsoever..... ;)

I am the original computer moron....any help offered is much appreciated....

Back