NEW...Nitro (FE) Points Series Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friend, after keeping quiet about plans for a new Nitro (and FE) points series here in the San Antonio TX area I finally have the lease on my new pond complete and can start spreading the word.

My goal for the series is to give the nitro boaters a place to race where fun, low cost and LOTS of racing are the priorities. And since the FE boats are now so compatible with the nitro boats I am pleased to welcome them also.

Here are the rules as I see them now…they may be adjusted if I see things that can be better:

• You must be a full IMPBA member (no one event memberships)

• Entry fees - $20/race for as many boat as you want to race

• Every IMPBA class will be offered…it takes 3 boats to make a class.

• If 3 boats that don’t fall into one of the established IMPBA classes (but are still legal boats!) show up we will race them…some examples I’m hearing strong rumors about are the sport .12 hydro class and twin .12 outrigger class.

• All of the classes that don’t make will be raced in a bracket class (This is SUPER FUN and ANY boat has a chance to win!!! I will explain the details on how it works later). EVERY boat that shows up will have a chance to race.

• In order to keep hotel costs down each Saturday and Sunday will be separate races. This way if just want to drive over to race for one day you can without having to stay in a hotel, but if you are driving a long way and will be getting a hotel anyway you will be able to get a full weekend of racing in.

• I am looking at having approx 8 weekends (16 separate races) in the series with your 8 best scores counting towards the points Championships. This will let you miss half of the races and still be in the running for the Championship.

• Championship Awards will be presented to the point leader in each class that made at least 8 times. I have no idea what the awards will be…it depends on how much participation we get. I would like them to be something very nice….

• We will race as many rounds/day as possible.

• No registration is required (but it is HIGHLY requested so I have some idea on what to be prepared for!!!!)

• Open water starts EARLY and I need you to get there early so I can get lap times on each of your boats!

• The FE boats will be matched up as follows:

o 2S lipo = .12

o 4S lipo = .21

o 6S lipo = .45

o 8S lipo = .65

o 10S lipo = .90

I will be posting the schedule soon...expect the first race in the next few months.

Please give me a call or drop me a line if you have any ideas about this!!!!

Glenn

This is a great idea Glenn, and you can count on support from the HOTMBC!

Yeah, it is going to be a ton of fun! I can't wait to see how many nitro guys we can drag out of the woodwork once word gets out about the awesome racing we have going on!

Buck, how did things go in Houston last weekend?

Jay, did any of the HOTMBC go to the race?

Glenn

Yeah, it is going to be a ton of fun! I can't wait to see how many nitro guys we can drag out of the woodwork once word gets out about the awesome racing we have going on!

Glenn
They got the clock issue sorted out shortly after I called you.

I ended up with a locked up steering servo on the 20 hydro and never got a start with it all weekend.

Only finished 1 heat with the 40 hydro.

I had a ton of fun with the new 60 hydro. Daniel and I had some epic races that which is what heat racing is all about.

Made a few good laps with the twin before I bent the whole rubber bracket in a spin.

All in all we had a great time. Dinner on Saturday night was fun, all the nitro guys telling stories as usual.

You were missed.

-Buck-

Glenn
They got the clock issue sorted out shortly after I called you.

I ended up with a locked up steering servo on the 20 hydro and never got a start with it all weekend.

Only finished 1 heat with the 40 hydro.

I had a ton of fun with the new 60 hydro. Daniel and I had some epic races that which is what heat racing is all about.

Made a few good laps with the twin before I bent the whole rubber bracket in a spin.

All in all we had a great time. Dinner on Saturday night was fun, all the nitro guys telling stories as usual.

You were missed.

-Buck-
Buck, that sounds like it was a fun time. Isn't it funny how a couple of good heats can make the whole weekend good even when other stuff goes bad! I can't wait to see you here in SA.

Glenn

Sounds like a great series. Saying I wished I lived in TX is a bit farther than I'll go ;) , but I can say being near something like this would be great! :D

Sounds like a great series. Saying I wished I lived in TX is a bit farther than I'll go ;) , but I can say being near something like this would be great! :D
Chuck, it would be good to have you join us! Maybe one of these days you will be around here and I'll stick a transmitter in your hand and put you on the clock!

Glenn

Chuck, it would be good to have you join us! Maybe one of these days you will be around here and I'll stick a transmitter in your hand and put you on the clock!

Glenn
Cool. I'll watch the race calendar and see if I can strategically time a visit with my parents. They're about 3.5 hours NW of you in San Angelo.

January is almost over GQ. Are we going to race next month at your new place?

-Buck-

OK guys, I have got the dates for at least the first race....

Feb 28, Mar 1

Remember, that my plan is to have Sat and Sun completely seperate races so if you can only make it for one day that will be fine. We will have to see how many folks show up and how much racing we can get done in one day.

I will be posting the dates for future races as soon as I can get all of the coordination done.

If you think you will make it please give me a call so I have a general idea on who is coming. Thanks!

I look forward to seeing you next month!

Glenn

Okay Guys,

I'm entered for the up comming event in San Antonio. Who else is comming?

I have entered:

20 Mono

40 Hydro

60 Hydro

90 Hydro

Twin Hydro

To win it you have to bring it. Bring'em out.

-Buck-

Okay Guys,I'm entered for the up comming event in San Antonio. Who else is comming?

I have entered:

20 Mono

40 Hydro

60 Hydro

90 Hydro

Twin Hydro

To win it you have to bring it. Bring'em out.

-Buck-
Yeah, and it looks like we will have a good batch of .21 hydros. Remember, every boat that shows up will get to race.

Glenn

David Buck where you at my friend?

Dale and Daniel Richard lets go race!

Will G., Let's go down south brother.

Mr. Whitmire get off TDC 'cause we going.

Mr. Rappold, break out that sweet 67 and let's go race.

Bring'em Out.

-Buck-

Last edited by a moderator:
David Buck where you at my friend?
Dale and Daniel Richard lets go race!

Will G., Let's go down south brother.

Mr. Whitmire get off TDC 'cause we going.

Mr. Rappold, break out that sweet 67 and let's go race.

Bring'em Out.

-Buck-
If Mr Rappold brings his it looks like 67 hydro may have a good turn out too....

Glenn

Latest posts

Back