My RTR Miss Vegas Is HERE!!!! Help me make it FAST!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idropurbox

OK guy's it's finally here! I thought it would never come but with the holiday's and all, shipping has been all screwed up. Well it's here now, a brand new bright yellow Miss Vegas. Tonight I will begin stripping her down for the build. I'm not sure why it's called ready to run when from everything that I've heard I need to pretty much strip it down to the bare naked hull and build her up from there. Anywho, I like the hull design and want to race the class so here goes. Now can anyone tell me how much I can get away with as far as mods and still fall into the stock class? Or should I just go full mod? The problem with going full mod at this point is that the OS CVR-M .18 has been discontinued, so what will I do for a motor? Does anyone know what if anything OS is going to replace that motor with? Are there any other hot motors that would work well?

Thanks in advance for any and all of your help!,

Tom

For stock all you should be allowed to do is sand the bottom, put a metal prop(preferrably the same as the plastic), and coat the inside with a thin layer of epoxy.

Mod, it all depends on what rules are being allowed. Some are going as far as allowing sheeting the bottom of the hull.

It all depends on what your local clubs allow.

Tom,

First welcome and stick with us.. your going to have allot of fun with that boat at Sunset park..

Number one thing to remember is you do not have to mod the boat to have a bunch of fun with it.

Number two.. a motor change is a good idea but by all means not all that necessary.

OK.. first thing I would do is get a good prop under the boat. My pref is the Grimracer 36X55.. (imagine that!) in any case a metal prop is what you want.

Sharpen all the hardware (leading edges only please)

now its time to go to the pond and get some runs on the boat.. I know you are at a higher altitude then us but I have TONS of running time with a Miss Vegas at Sunset park and you are in good hands with the guys there.

ROCK ON

Grim

For stock all you should be allowed to do is sand the bottom, put a metal prop(preferrably the same as the plastic), and coat the inside with a thin layer of epoxy.
Mod, it all depends on what rules are being allowed. Some are going as far as allowing sheeting the bottom of the hull.

It all depends on what your local clubs allow.
Props are on order from Andy Brown as we speak, and I will be adding stringers, bulkheads and glassing the inside of the hull this weekend! Thanks for the input!

Tom

Tom,
First welcome and stick with us.. your going to have allot of fun with that boat at Sunset park..

Number one thing to remember is you do not have to mod the boat to have a bunch of fun with it.

Number two.. a motor change is a good idea but by all means not all that necessary.

OK.. first thing I would do is get a good prop under the boat. My pref is the Grimracer 36X55.. (imagine that!) in any case a metal prop is what you want.

Sharpen all the hardware (leading edges only please)

now its time to go to the pond and get some runs on the boat.. I know you are at a higher altitude then us but I have TONS of running time with a Miss Vegas at Sunset park and you are in good hands with the guys there.

ROCK ON

Grim
WOW! A reply from the man himself! Well I've got your turn fin sitting here and will be sharpening it up tonight, and props are on order (sorry I got em from Andy Brown mostly cause he does all of my props. but I did buy your cable grease! lol ) How do you feel about that AQU motor mod where you cut out the bottom of the transfer port on the bottom of the sleeve so that the motor can suck more air from the case? Thanks for your thoughts, Tom

OK Tom we are looking good... you are working the right direction.

If you are going to epoxy the wood parts.. if you can... use finishing epoxy.. it will last longer and be easer to apply. Or Some high grade epoxy like West Systems.

The grim fin will be your best bet.. good choice

I have done that mod to a few and its good for a mph or so.. you can also cut in the boost port if you like.. no need to grind on the case.. just cutting the liner will work.

Any testing going on at Sunset Park the 19th or 20th?.. just asking

Keep up the good work..

Grim

OK Tom we are looking good... you are working the right direction.
If you are going to epoxy the wood parts.. if you can... use finishing epoxy.. it will last longer and be easer to apply. Or Some high grade epoxy like West Systems.

The grim fin will be your best bet.. good choice

I have done that mod to a few and its good for a mph or so.. you can also cut in the boost port if you like.. no need to grind on the case.. just cutting the liner will work.

Any testing going on at Sunset Park the 19th or 20th?.. just asking

Keep up the good work..

Grim
We're supposed to be racing in Camarillo that weekend. I Hope my boat is ready, if not I'll probably just run my MAUS sport 40 II. What is the boost port? The guy that told me about the liner mod just shot me a pic of the cut out port in the liner. Should I do this before or after I break in the motor. How about taking out all the pull start guts and epoxying up the hole? P.S. I'm going to be using Z poxy inside the hull and most likely using carbon fiber arrow shafts for the bulkheads. I have to step out for a while but will check the forum later for your response. Have a good one!

Tom

If you want the CVR 18, you can get the; http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...LXKGR1&P=ML

and then remove the pull start and put in new crank and back plate for non pull start;

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...SMG1610&P=Z

then use a starting belt;

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/accessories/accessories.html

Have fun!

Russ
LMAO!!!!! No way dude! Now wonder they became a "discontinued" item. make an extra few dollars on the deal. haha.

Latest posts

Back