thunder tiger outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hay all

just after some info on the tt o/b what there like how much and so on thanks

regards

ian
Well Frig! I had this all typed up and hit the "X" :(

I guess everybody at this site knows I'm the one to tell you 'bout this motor,,many have tried to "hop"

this motor and have went on to purposely built model boat racing motors, which the TT has never been.

The TT is merely an existing mild RC car/truck engine mated to a perdy good "geared" lower unit.

The gears have scared off many boaters in the past and some of the motors that I have purchased

over eleven years have came with a lousey gear "mesh". Usually it was assembled wrong and I just

did their job for them over again.

It's really just a matter of how fast do you want to go?? I don't think anybody has got them to run very

fast with the stock muffler, so a lower unit "cut-out" and addition of an OB pipe is the first order of

buisness. I have ran them just with the pipe and 30%car fuel and they're fun on a 26 or 27 inch hull.

Later I cut the head button down so I had .006" headspace, raised the Exhaust port timing to 182,

Turbo'd the crank and ran 60%,,with that I found the limit of the 26 and 27 inch hull.

Currently I have been running custom low volume head buttons and have "Maxed" the engine timings

to the level of the current "purposely built" 21 OB racing engines and I can run with them.

I'm the kinda guy that likes to "tink" on motors so the TT was perfect for me,,if your not of that type

of person then your going to (probably) have someone else do all this stuff for you.

The TT OB motor at $195 US leaves you some room to pay someone to do the machine work and probably

be able to ruin the day of someone with the more expensive brand of OB,,or at least scare'm just a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to show Ian what can happen when you hop-up an average motor and

reach the design limits of some of their parts.

This engine is one that I had built to silence some of the TT critics. I had a couple new mods that put it in

what I call the "Warp Zone",,it was good all the way around the pond,,and Ping!

the flywheel popped off and went right to the bottom :(

That piston & sleeve will be in that case forever,,it's "splayed" out at the bottom and its not coming out

Greg's TT powered TS2 was competitive yesterday - if the water wasn't so flat I think it would have really shone! Big boat to push around with a stock motor that is still running in!! This boat is going to haul with a pipe on it!

Well Hey, that's good news for them cod licker's in Taiwan :p :D

Hi guys

Fancy that the water was to flat for a Tunnel :eek:

The TT on the TS2 isnt a bad thing

As you would say Jerry "It goes Perdy good" :p

Little bit more work on some finner things and a pipe as Tim said its going to Haul some and will be real competitive ;)

Greg

Hey Greg, That's great stuff :) Before the first of the next year I should have some new

low volume head buttons down there for you guy's,,and Then, it's not gunna matter

if the water is Flat :D :D :D

YEEEHAAA!! :lol:

Back