Engine Mounting Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackout

Is it o.k. to have screw heads exposed on the bottom of a rigger for mounting the engine? I would use allen pan head screws. I have seen screw heads exposed on the sides, but not sure about on the bottom?

I have seen nylon screws used allot for engine mounts. Does this add a small amount of vibration damping?

This is for a JAE 21. I know the instructions have you use wooden blocks and screws, but I may make my own engine mount.

Thanks.

Is it o.k. to have screw heads exposed on the bottom of a rigger for mounting the engine? I would use allen pan head screws. I have seen screw heads exposed on the sides, but not sure about on the bottom?

I have seen nylon screws used allot for engine mounts. Does this add a small amount of vibration damping?

This is for a JAE 21. I know the instructions have you use wooden blocks and screws, but I may make my own engine mount.

Thanks.
I don't know Jack about .12 boats but I've used Allen Button head screws on bottom mounts on 60-80 size boats. The center section of the boat will be completely out of the water when when on plane-screws will not be dragging on the water.

Glenn

Craig,

We have a very good simple design that works very well.

I haven't learned how to do pictures yet Dave. Sorry.

Good Luck Building,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Last edited by a moderator:
For my motor mount, I was going to cut a engine plate from 1/4" aluminum and then use the typical rubber dampers to bolt the plate to the floor. The floor/tub wall would be reinforced with 1/16" aluminum or fiberglass. I already have all the materials so it seems logical to do it this way.

Craig,

We have a very good simple design that works very well.

I haven't learned how to do pictures yet Dave. Sorry.

Good Luck Building,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U
Hey Mark here is a easy way for you to post a pic........

just follow this directions

First go to this site

http://tinypic.com/

Now click on the Browser button and go to where your pictures are on your P/C and click @ the pic you want to upload.

Next change the re size window to (640x480)

look @ the first pic for reference

64jzon.jpg

Next click upload

vipqpz.jpg

Now wait for the pic to upload. (you will see your pic on the right side of the screen)

Next click with the left mouse button on the (IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards) it will go black, let go of the left button and click with the right on the same spot. A new window will come up and you now click on the word (copy)

Next you go to where you want to post your picture in your thread and right click with the mouse and click with the left mouse button, paste. Voila, your picture will appear on the screen.

20zw4ls.jpg

Hope this helps you and others with image uploading. :)

Thank you,

Nick

Back