Turn pads ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi all i have built several tunnel hulls over the years both nitro and fast electric but have never installed turn pads which im guessing helps the tunnel hull corner .What are the pro's and con's of turn pads ? Regards Andris Golts.

They stop the front of the tunnel from dropping too low and sucking down. This is a major reason for hooking in a corner.

Ahhh, I have heard them called "stumble blocks". Darin Jordan is in my club and also a national racer. He was testing location of those on one of Kris's hulls. I was educational to watch his progress.

Frank

Are you talking about the blocks inside the tunnel?? Yes they are meant to keep the nose from dropping in the corners.. They also break up the flow to prevent blow over?? Then again some will say they cause to much drag?? My Fastest Tunnels worked best when I had them in there!!!

Later!!

Pat

The first tunnel boat designer I saw use "stumble blocks" was Rod Geraghty. It make a "believer" out of me and every tunnel boat I've ever designed/built since then has been equipped with "stumble blocks."

JD

The first tunnel boat designer I saw use "stumble blocks" was Rod Geraghty. It make a "believer" out of me and every tunnel boat I've ever designed/built since then has been equipped with "stumble blocks."

JD
Jerry, I am in the process of completing a 10-15 year build of your plans built 21 for my son. Should I add stumble blocks? And if so at Grim's recommendation?
5160b9f20256c19fe16418e30b73d0bd.jpg

Back