Turnigy T20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hugh hargett

http://www.hobbyking...less_Motor.html t20 turnigy.jpgt20 turnigy.jpg2.jpg

Specs:

RPM/v: 730kv @ "Y" config. / 1280kv @ "?" config.

Max voltage: 41V (11S)

Max Current: 128A @ "Y" 730kv / 229A @ "?" 1280kv

Max Watts: 5280w

Resistance: 0.0132ohm @ "Y" 730kv / 0.0046 @ "?" 1280kv

No Load Current: 3.2A @ "Y" 730kv / 4.2 @ "?" 1280kv

Can Diameter: 56mm (actual motor diameter)

Can Diameter inc. Water Jacket: 63mm

Length: 102mm

Shaft Size: 8mm

Weight: 971g

Last edited:
here's it's cousin sittin in my AC Blast Cat

Proteus2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"proteus" here : http://www.skyrc.com...gory&path=39_82

Propnut which model is that? where did you buy it? and what prop and batteries are you starting with? Whats the length and beam of your cat ?

Hugh
The specs are identical to the HobbyKing motor you posted. At this point we don't know whether HobbyKing is rebadging this motor, or if they have cloned it much like they did the TP Power motors. Which is kinda weird, since the Proteus is a knockoff of a Lehner.

The cat is 40" long with a 16" beam. Since the boat is legal for "Q" I will try the motor in "Delta" config on 6S, however, the boat is probably too big, and I'll switch to "Wye" config on 10S.

Bought the motor from KeithBradleyBoats.com

Last edited by a moderator:
It may do okay on 6s with the higher amp draw (229) capability . There is a healthier version of your motor that boast 6000 plus watts. It should be interesting to see how it does on 6 s 2p . 10000 mah @ 50c should be more than enough supply for a 3 min run. What prop you gonna start off with? Its a big long motor. Longer than the leos or 2028 castle. Im going to load its specs into the calculator and throw some props at it. Looks like a good motor . I definately like the versatility.The one issue with these kind of motors is replacement parts :( .

Last edited:
I might try it in a 43 inch sprintcat . It may also make a good gas conversion or large sport hydro fe motor. It has good reviews looks well built and has a great price.

Skyrc is working on an HV esc to match the Proteus motors. I'll get 2 of those beasts (910kv) for my winterproject: MHZ138 catamaran.

Skyrc is working on an HV esc to match the Proteus motors. I'll get 2 of those beasts (910kv) for my winterproject: MHZ138 catamaran.
Should be a killer cat. Ive seen several videos with people running the big canned twins. Im still not seeing the speeds id expect. I wonder if folks are finding the right props for these big guys. I cant help but wonder are the props theyre using too big with not enough pitch or not big enuf with 16 hp on deck?People just appear to be throwing on gas props. I dont know if that really is the direction to take on these larger heavier craft. Im thinking to really shine they will need a custom cut something or rather :wacko: . On 6 s with your motors your looking at 20,202 rpm. Youd need to pull over 200 amps per motor to get half of your potential on 6s.10 s puts you at approx. 33.7k unloaded . 160 amps each should put you in a good area with the motors and output power. In a twin you should be able to spin some healthy pitched props and stay around 160amps. Thats 320 continuos total. What will you use for your power supply ? Caps, batts,etc. If you got a goal speed you can calculate how much pitch your prop needs to get you there.Its a real balacing act from that point in FE to get that pitch on there and be able to turn in withing the limits of acceptable current draw. This is why I say I bet the right prop will have something done to it; detounged, backcut etc.Keep us posted and if you are really nice youd do a build thread here in the FE section of IW :D .

Hugh

Last edited:
"proteus" here : http://www.skyrc.com...gory&path=39_82

Propnut which model is that? where did you buy it? and what prop and batteries are you starting with? Whats the length and beam of your cat ?

Hugh
The specs are identical to the HobbyKing motor you posted. At this point we don't know whether HobbyKing is rebadging this motor, or if they have cloned it much like they did the TP Power motors. Which is kinda weird, since the Proteus is a knockoff of a Lehner.

The cat is 40" long with a 16" beam. Since the boat is legal for "Q" I will try the motor in "Delta" config on 6S, however, the boat is probably too big, and I'll switch to "Wye" config on 10S.

Bought the motor from KeithBradleyBoats.com
It is unfortunate that I started a thread on another FE boating forum called: New motors from China, Uh Oh Lehener, watch out! Sneak peek!

I never wanted to have anyone think that these motors were in any way a clone of a Lehner.

They are not. They are not even close and never will be.

The only aspects that Lehner and these motors share are that they have the ability to be configured in D or Y mode.

The internal works are far inferior to any Lehner motor but, for the the price they are great!

That said, your motor should be quite fun on 6S2P 65C Dinogy, etc and a SF240 esc. That or 10-12S would be cool.

Just from experience and just in my opinion, the best motors I've seen in 5682/5692 size are Johnny Cheung's SSS versions.

I've had all the motors apart: Leopard, Hobby Kings version that was made by TP Power ( and they aren't sold there anymore because HK stiffed TP Power), and the SSS from hor.

A 1200kv-5694 from hor has a core and lamination stack 10mm longer than a 1320 Hobby King 1320Kv-5692. The 2mm is only a thicker rear plate on the SSS.

The 5692's HK used to sell were very nice for the price but, they were more of a 5682 inside compared to Johnny's motors.

I've got a pair of his 2200Kv 4074's for a 41" Fantasm this winter. Should be fun with 6S per motor. The quality between the HK 1320kv I had and the SSS is quite obvious.

In all, lots of great motors at really low prices makes the hobby alot of fun. Just be careful as high voltage can be very dangerous even when just plugging the batts in.

Have fun, turn right.

Ray

Back