Help for a newb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Subliminalsi

Well i dont have to boat, its my brothers new toy. Well he got a Miss Budweiser gas powered one last weekend and has been trying to break in the motor. The motor sounds strong and all, but when we put it in the water it will just cutoff, we think its still trying to break in. When we do get it running in the water it just seems to cruse alot and not "plane" which i think is the term im looking for, anyways, we think something might be wrong with the shaft or something like that. Any help would be great. Also, what are some good parts to get for it (engine, prop, etc,)

You have to launch it harder and give it hell to get it on plane.

If you go off of plane it will just putt around on you.

Dont know the fix, just from what i have seen, its the launching, you have to THROW IT FORWARD while going in.

richen it up. my boat went bout 20 ft out and kept on stallin. Is there any smoke you can see?. if you cant see smoke richen it up a bit until you can see smoke.

Hope this works for you

Typical newbie problems with this boat. It must be that the manual doesn't tell peole how to launch them. Give the motor some revs then give it an underhanded toss into the water. Keep the speed up while running or it will get off plane and cavitate again.

The carbs are preset at the Factory but weather, humidity and altitude will change the setting. Since they have no idea where the boats are going, they "Guesstimate" it.

thanks alot guys, i guess well have to try that out tomarrow if its not raining :blink:

a wise rc boater told me once.... "boats don't die from being too rich"

it sounds to me it is running to lean and if it is a Z you do not need to throw it hard to get it up on the plane. if you do then the prop is way to big. no revs no speed. check your hi needle should be around 1 5/8 - 2 turns. if it still aint working you may have a clog screen in carby. if this dont work talk to the guys on www.jimsrcdock.com they play with Zens all day every day and be glad to help.

cheers

Like the other guys said...give it a good flat toss around 1/2 throttle....thats what I have to do with my miss bud....richen out the needle like a 1/16 of a turn at a time and try it again.....trust me it gets frustrating.....but once you get the needle set right...its runs great....flys right along. If you spinout and lose speed and it starts to cavitate......back off the throttle to about 1/4 and lets the backwash catch up to the transom.....you'll see a wave comming back.....when it hits the transom, you'll see the hull push forward....when this happens, slowly give it more throtle and it will get back up on plane....this takes alittle practice. If you keep the turns wide...it should hardly ever spin out

is it a 1/8th scale or 1/12th scale?

(.12 dynamite nitro engine or zenoah g23 gas engine)

if its the nitro (1/12th scale) one then there are tons of mods that can be done to it, look back through the pages and you'll find some posts on it that should help a ton.

Back