Wildcat fuels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tommy,

as far as I can tell and according to their web site, the highest mix is 65% in their Promix line.

Dan.

65 is the highest they mix. they have. If you do a club order you get a lower price if you pick it up you save shipping also that is if you are close enough.

I spoke with john on thursday and he told me that they are making 65% agai it is listed on the website under promix at least it was weds.

Well I was wrong it does now only say 55% it did say 65% on weds. And john told me that they were making 65% again. He was suppose to email me club pricing on 65 and 55 I guess the right hand doesnt know what the left is doing there. I will talk to them again this week and see what is up

Guess the Homeland Security "scare" is over now and they can make more than 50% again... :rolleyes:

normal_9054_chic009.jpg

If you buy 55% Wildcat 1 gallon and buy VP pure 100% nitro pint. will put to mix together into big tank so take about 65% to 70% great ;)

Terry, the Homeland Security thing I think was a scare tactic or rumor. The rumor mill also said that the production of nitro was being cut back because of the Summer Olympics in China. Pick one, both or neither. I found the first one amusing as pretty much anyone could buy 100% (or whatever the purest is) by the barrel.

I'm glad that Wildcat has started prducing 65% again but the worth of the fuel in my basement just went down. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, the Homeland Security thing I think was a scare tactic or rumor. The rumor mill also said that the production of nitro was being cut back because of the Summer Olympics in China. Pick one, both or neither. I found the first one amusing as pretty much anyone could buy 100% (or whatever the purest is) by the barrel.

I'm glad that Wildcat has started prducing 65% again but the worth of the fuel in my basement just went down. :(
Yup, no $hit Sherlock! :lol:

Great way to double the price of nitro overnight, you can thank Don Schumacher for that... ;)

I'm glad that Wildcat has started producing 65% again but the worth of the fuel in my basement just went down. :(
Got news for ya, both were true, the Chinese nitro plant was closed for the summer Olympics (see October '08 issue Model Aviation News for starters) along with their other "heavy industry" due to air quality concerns. DHS was in fact trying to get a handle on overseeing nitromethane usage and had issued a bulletin in '08 to public resellers to cap nitro sales with a dilution factor of less than 45% (that would be 55% nitro). They also added that ANY straight nitromethane sold in quantities over 400 pounds becomes a COI (chemical of interest) and they get told exactly who bought it and how much. It is my understanding that the 55% cap has been lifted somewhat in "recreational" type usages but the COI with DHS is still solidly in place. I confirmed this last summer with World Wide Racing who I've been a customer of for years where I purchased straight nitro, DHS knows every customer who buys even one drum of straight nitro. As far as Schumacher goes all his spat with the NHRA did was drive the prices up further but after the BS the NHRA pulled I don't blame him. The NHRA had declared VP was the only authorized fuel supplier and there was an immediate price increase yet the same nitro was being purchased by IHRA teams for $250 less a barrel, you do the math. As usual it's all about the money.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Terry, I thought that I was sitting on a small gold mine shortly after I got some and the price about doubled if you could find some then. Walt Radzinski also loaded up as Mark Scott was bringing it up to us at the Fun Run, he lived near Wildcat at the time and had bought all that they had in stock when they lowered the maximum nitro content.

Yeah Terry, I thought that I was sitting on a small gold mine shortly after I got some and the price about doubled if you could find some then. Walt Radzinski also loaded up as Mark Scott was bringing it up to us at the Fun Run, he lived near Wildcat at the time and had bought all that they had in stock when they lowered the maximum nitro content.
How long is 65% Wildcat good if it is stored un-opened in a cool dark place?

Back