Your First Boat. (Post a Photo Here)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
]Ron, i always thought it would be kinda cool if Futaba came out with a limited retro transmitter, with modern technology inside the box! ....Dave if you read this, YEAH on the museum thing! :) I just cant get over the fact that they still work! :rolleyes: :)
Actuallya couple of years ago I wrote to Futaba and Sanwa/Airtronics about a limited run of retro transmitter with the aluminum case. Never got a reply.

While digging through photos to find my old boats, I came across this one from the 80s. Do you recognize anyone and/or know where it was taken?

Olly

View attachment 43826
Hi Olly,

Was that at the old Sea Ray pond in Oxford? I would be the Mini Gold Cup. Far right is Gerald Davai, then Olly, Dave Olejnik. Far left is Fred Totten, the Jerry ? , Chris Capaldi, Larry Capaldi and Orville Warren next to Miss Bud. Sorry Olly I don't remember the others. I don't see Stu in the photo, is he there?

I'm still a young Buck......but I found a small stash of vintage....

That's a handsome boy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My first .20 hydro race.......

We didn't know what tables where back then.

My first .20 hydro race.......

We didn't know what tables where back then.
That looks like Dick Tyndall wearing the "Harry and the Hendersons" tshirt. Do you know the date and location of that race?

Hahaha. Ok. Thanks. Great pictures by the way. Makes me want to start digging through and posting some myself.

While digging through photos to find my old boats, I came across this one from the 80s. Do you recognize anyone and/or know where it was taken?

Olly

View attachment 43826
Hi Olly,

Was that at the old Sea Ray pond in Oxford? I would be the Mini Gold Cup. Far right is Gerald Davai, then Olly, Dave Olejnik. Far left is Fred Totten, the Jerry ? , Chris Capaldi, Larry Capaldi and Orville Warren next to Miss Bud. Sorry Olly I don't remember the others. I don't see Stu in the photo, is he there?
OK John - your correct. It was the Mini Gold Cup at the old Sea Ray pond. It was the year I won the John E Bridge trophy (it's in my hands) by beating Gerry Duvet. What a race and what a highlight of my racing life. You would remember how awesome his boats were. Behind the scale boat is Gary Pruese and the young guy in front of him is Mike Moore's son whose name escapes me. Stu Barr wasn't there.

See you next weekend.

Olly

BTW - it is really good to see more pics coming. Don't we all look SO young. :D I didn't start until I was 32 so can't provide any of me as a kid. I still had hair though then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back