• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tool Wanted WTB RC CATS GLOW DRIVER

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expand picture to see how to connect wires. Really easy just follow the wires. When all connected flip switch on which only works one way. Don't use glow plug yet. Flip switch on, you should see your battery voltage. Push left button which will show output voltage. Turn the small brass screw connector clockwise to lower output down to 1.4 or 1.3, when set test glow plug. Push right button to turn on or off for plug. I just leave it on because the main switch turns it all off to keep battery from draining. You have to maintain more than 4 volts for board to work, & plug will stay lit for 20 seconds & will shut down. Could be a safety for over heating.
All you need to do is decide what switch you want to use & build your box however you want to set things up. I haven't tried using just a normal 9 volt battery yet, concerned about mah. Not sure how to post a link yet but will look into that. Later on I will go to lows & get micro male & female plugs so I won't have to de solder wires from switch. I have used this for a year With no problems & I don't think it will take you 20 seconds to start your boat. Buy 2 boards in case one burns out. 12.99 a piece at amozon. If you want link faster email me at [email protected] & put glow plug board in subject line, I will send link.
This is my contribution to the hobby. & the more parts you have the cheaper. I used Dubro glow clip & used a micro switch I think from amozon. Let me know what you think good or bad there's always a better way. Wood 1/16 with 1/8 plexiglass lid.
It's a drok board 2 3/8 long
1 3/8 wide 5/8 high. Not all boards are same this is a micro buck converter. Look for the positive & negative stamped on board so you can't mess up.
https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Adjustable-Converter-Transformer-Protective/dp/B07JZ2GQJFthis one has a usb output aswell lol.

update for the glow driver diagram. Did some testing on driver & was wondering why it would shut the plug off after 20 seconds. I was running 6.4 volts in, the board has to have 4 volts just for the board which only left me 2.4 volts.
I put a 14 volt going in & after more than 40 seconds of continuous lit plug I have to say more voltage like 9 volts & above will continuously light your plug. I will move to 11 volts. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back