• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tool Wanted WTB RC CATS GLOW DRIVER

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will tell you all how to build one. It's really easy & I will post pics as I build one which I'm doing one for a guy soon. I have parts ordered. Keep your eyes open for my next post on what to order & how to build. Going to Evansville race this weekend if your there look up steve jackson .
Look forward to the tutorial!

Hi Phil, I am transitioning from nitro to gas so I have one for sale. It has an extra NIP case (they are prone to cracking), the protective case, with the charger and I installed a locking clip on it. These pieces are great. I only charge mine 2-3 times a season.

$110 plus shipping

Well, the gas scale boats out here in the Pacific NW are just as fast or faster than 80% of the scale nitro boats and getting faster all time, $37 a gallon for 66% nitro fuel, less finicky motors and I"ll be 70 in a couple months and just need to simplify my racing program. I'm at the point now that the relationships in model boating are far more important to me than the actual racing (and probably they should always have been).

BTW, I will be posting a lot of nitro stuff pretty soon including 4 turnkey boats that will come ready to go with boat, CMB, pipe, receiver, receiver batteries, transmitter and a new spare receiver. Literally charge up the batteries, add fuel and send it.

Attachments

• Executone.JPG
    Executone.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Speedy.jpg
    Speedy.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
  • velocity.JPG
    velocity.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well, the gas scale boats out here in the Pacific NW are just as fast or faster than 80% of the scale nitro boats and getting faster all time, $37 a gallon for 66% nitro fuel, less finicky motors and I"ll be 70 in a couple months and just need to simplify my racing program. I'm at the point now that the relationships in model boating are far more important to me than the actual racing (and probably they should always have been).

BTW, I will be posting a lot of nitro stuff pretty soon including 4 turnkey boats that will come ready to go with boat, CMB, pipe, receiver, receiver batteries, transmitter and a new spare receiver.
Mike, I had no idea you were of that vintage! In my mind I had you as a much younger man.
Your attached pictures, are those 3 all gas scales?
Who's hulls are they.

Yeah people generally think I look younger than I am. Being chubby helps, not many wrinkles! Those are all nitro boats based on Jeff Snell's designs. I have a Blue Speedy nitro as well. I laid up two of them and Jeff laid up two. The Red Speedy and the Executone are bagged and heat cured carbon fiber with divinylcell foam re-enforcement along with some foam and cf cloth core materials. The Blue Speedy and Velocity are fiberglass hulls with cf cowlings/wings. They are all really good handling boats. They corner like they are on rails and are very easy to drive. The Red Speedy is probably sold to a fella in RCU. He's recovering in the hospital, and I said I would hold it back for him.

Steve at RC Boat Co. tells me I will get the first gas hull (the Oly Beer) out of the modified molds he's been working on in a month or two. I have turned all of my plugs for the gas 82 Pak over to Jeff Snell to make molds out of. As you can see in the photos the gas Pak plug sitting on the jig so you can see it will be very similar to the open design all of the 8255 nitro boats. Presuming that this science project works like I think it will (you never really know until you put it on the water and start testing) people will be able to order this hull from Jeff. Here's a photo of the blue Speedy so you get the idea how the gas boat will be laid out. This open design has totally spoiled me from working in 4"-5" wide space on conventual hulls. Installs and maintenance is much easier.

Attachments

• Blue Speedy.jpg
    Blue Speedy.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Pak plug 1.jpg
    Pak plug 1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Pak plug 2.jpg
    Pak plug 2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi Phil, I am transitioning from nitro to gas so I have one for sale. It has an extra NIP case (they are prone to cracking), the protective case, with the charger and I installed a locking clip on it. These pieces are great. I only charge mine 2-3 times a season.

$110 plus shipping
OK Thanks I can paypal send me a message or email

Expand picture to see how to connect wires. Really easy just follow the wires. When all connected flip switch on which only works one way. Don't use glow plug yet. Flip switch on, you should see your battery voltage. Push left button which will show output voltage. Turn the small brass screw connector clockwise to lower output down to 1.4 or 1.3, when set test glow plug. Push right button to turn on or off for plug. I just leave it on because the main switch turns it all off to keep battery from draining. You have to maintain more than 4 volts for board to work, & plug will stay lit for 20 seconds & will shut down. Could be a safety for over heating.
All you need to do is decide what switch you want to use & build your box however you want to set things up. I haven't tried using just a normal 9 volt battery yet, concerned about mah. Not sure how to post a link yet but will look into that. Later on I will go to lows & get micro male & female plugs so I won't have to de solder wires from switch. I have used this for a year With no problems & I don't think it will take you 20 seconds to start your boat. Buy 2 boards in case one burns out. 12.99 a piece at amozon. If you want link faster email me at [email protected] & put glow plug board in subject line, I will send link.
This is my contribution to the hobby. & the more parts you have the cheaper. I used Dubro glow clip & used a micro switch I think from amozon. Let me know what you think good or bad there's always a better way. Wood 1/16 with 1/8 plexiglass lid.
It's a drok board 2 3/8 long
1 3/8 wide 5/8 high. Not all boards are same this is a micro buck converter. Look for the positive & negative stamped on board so you can't mess up.

Attachments

• 20230620_004702.jpg
    20230620_004702.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Back