Gas Cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I set my cg at 35%, the stuffing tube was already glassed in, if the motor is too far forward I will have to cut out the tube and some glasswork, hopefully will be able to test soon

I set my cg at 35%, the stuffing tube was already glassed in, if the motor is too far forward I will have to cut out the tube and some glasswork, hopefully will be able to test soon
John what hull you using? What engine determines cg's. I'm got R42 with Janson 29.5 at 15 1/4". Let me know if you need a ABC prop for it

The cat I'm building now is a ac r42 cat, older version, I'm guessing when they were built in Canada, this one is getting a small block zenoah, I have a prop from Bob English that is a 2 blade that I will try, most likely run a 3 blade from Bob Austin.
It's a small boat so we'll see how it runs

I see you must of liked my tank mount theory hope to get a speed on my f41 yours looks great i tried a zip prop 6717/3 my cmb didn’t like it put a 2714/3 chopper on it was really fast got my gps in it and put a zipkitts pipe on it had a vision pipe I have a couple other props to test.I also added some tubing on the rod for tank the soft tygon

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpeg
    IMG_0669.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
When I installed the pool noodles I found some solid 2 1/2 inch noodles they fit in the bottom perfect then I used the standard 2 inch hollow noodles on top of the 2 1/2 I also surrounded the front with the 2 inch.I also used 3/16 tig rod for rudder linkage.I found a heavy duty o ring for radio box came off of a Cummins fuel filter housing it’s Viton .Heres a couple pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.jpeg
    IMG_0670.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0671.jpeg
    IMG_0671.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0672.jpeg
    IMG_0672.jpeg
    976.5 KB · Views: 0
Back