Wine Run August 9th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, Bring it and run it in thunderboat. Who cares if it is illegal.
If the other competitors agree, it's not a problem.

Also, if anyone has an extra table you can bring for a starting table, we would appreciate it. We don't have a good source for those. We're looking so if that changes I'll let you know here.

It looks like we're going to have a good turnout for this event. We want to get in 4 rounds if possible so we will be moving quickly to get it all in. Mike

Also, if anyone has an extra table you can bring for a starting table, we would appreciate it. We don't have a good source for those. We're looking so if that changes I'll let you know here.

It looks like we're going to have a good turnout for this event. We want to get in 4 rounds if possible so we will be moving quickly to get it all in. Mike
Ok, Here's the latest. We have secured some tables for the hot pits. If you prefer your own, bring it, but there should be space for everyone in a particular heat.

The Thunderboat class will be run as follows. It will basically be a "run what ya brung' race. If your boat meets the rules (or is close) for the hull and has a gas engine, you're in. This will be for bragging rights and to give the guys a chance to display this new class of boat. The entry fee for this event will be $5 (even if it's your only event) Mike

Ok, Here's the latest. We have secured some tables for the hot pits. If you prefer your own, bring it, but there should be space for everyone in a particular heat.

The Thunderboat class will be run as follows. It will basically be a "run what ya brung' race. If your boat meets the rules (or is close) for the hull and has a gas engine, you're in. This will be for bragging rights and to give the guys a chance to display this new class of boat. The entry fee for this event will be $5 (even if it's your only event) Mike
Thanks Mike! My 1967 gas Miss Budweiser is a beautiful mohogany planked hull that I normally dont race.

The THUNDERBOAT class is made up of other beautiful detailed boats that are driven by veteran racers. Im sure we can put on a great show and keep out of trouble in that huge lake!! Looking foreward to fist time at Huber!! JOE P.

We are going to be camping out at the Deams campground with Gary and Vickie Price . We are getting down there on friday and will check out the winery for sure. If anybody is camping I think we are at F7.

I think that Brian will be getting a room.

Looking forward to a nice relaxed race and of course the wine.

The Dad

We are going to be camping out at the Deams campground with Gary and Vickie Price . We are getting down there on friday and will check out the winery for sure. If anybody is camping I think we are at F7.I think that Brian will be getting a room.

The Dad
Bob,Brian bring one of those Later kits to make us all get the bug.................Mike

It looks as if there is no way to find directions on the Website at Huberwinery.com. So please mapquest this address:

Huber's Orchard & Winery

19816 Huber Road

Starlight, Indiana 47106

Thanks,

Chris

We are going to be camping out at the Deams campground with Gary and Vickie Price . We are getting down there on friday and will check out the winery for sure. If anybody is camping I think we are at F7.I think that Brian will be getting a room.

The Dad
Bob,Brian bring one of those Later kits to make us all get the bug.................Mike
We had three Lauterbach's in the club, I sold mine (someone wanted it bad), Ken sold his. I will convince Troy to bring his Lauterbach. I will make a huge effort to bring our A21 Little Mogul (replica of my Grandfathers/Dads boat). Joe will bring his Bud. Should be a lot of fun. The A21 has not been in the water in 4 years...should be interesting.

The Dad
We had three Lauterbach's in the club, I sold mine (someone wanted it bad), Ken sold his. I will convince Troy to bring his Lauterbach. I will make a huge effort to bring our A21 Little Mogul (replica of my Grandfathers/Dads boat). Joe will bring his Bud. Should be a lot of fun. The A21 has not been in the water in 4 years...should be interesting.
Can't wait for all the fun to start ! Scale is smoking (thanks to a Marty Davis prop ) found a old prop that Marty gave me 10 years ago to try. Just got around to trying it on the scale!! It has been in my prop box for 10 years. Marty you are the MAN! see ya @ the wine race. Big Thanks Doug :p

Last edited:
Well, I'm down to running one class... My step-son is taking control over the B Sport tunnel for this race. It will be his first.. He is so looking forward to Saturday!

Bring him on and he WILL have fun I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing everyone I just hope I dont loose the needle like I did at the internats.

We will be making the following exception to the RTR Stock Class rules for the Wine Run...

If you plan to run RTR at the Wine Run you will not be required to have the rear wing on your hydroplane if it came with one.

Thank you, Mike

Looks like its going to be a fun one. Not sure if Chucks sport 20 is ready, But the scales are! Both of us will be there, Chuck in the 93 bud and me driving Joe's U-10 Hoss boat one more time. She has a little more test time. Also both of us will be in sport 40 and I will still be trying to figure out how to drive a stock tunnel haha. Should be a blast. Hopefully, we have Scott Wadlow talked into taking a day off and comming also. Believe me, He needs a day or two off. Ken

Looks like its going to be a fun one. Not sure if Chucks sport 20 is ready, But the scales are! Both of us will be there, Chuck in the 93 bud and me driving Joe's U-10 Hoss boat one more time. She has a little more test time. Also both of us will be in sport 40 and I will still be trying to figure out how to drive a stock tunnel haha. Should be a blast. Hopefully, we have Scott Wadlow talked into taking a day off and comming also. Believe me, He needs a day or two off. Ken
The Castrol GTX Tunnel ran so well at the nats im bringing it. My Wounded Scale may or may nor show,but sport 40 and Pinky will be STINKIN UP THE WATER

For those of you coming from the West of us Motel6.com has a Motel 6 in Georgetown, Indiana. It is about 15 minutes from the race site and is $45.00 per night. You will have to pick the one in Floyd County because there are about 5 Motel 6 hotels in Georgetown named cities. Their phone number is 800-4-MOTEL6 (800-466-8356)

Thanks,

Chris

Please throw your entry information on here. I can go ahead and get most of my race software set-up and it will make registration go much quicker. All I need is name, boat class, and channel/2.4.

Thanks,

Chris

Please throw your entry information on here. I can go ahead and get most of my race software set-up and it will make registration go much quicker. All I need is name, boat class, and channel/2.4.
Thanks,

Chris
Chris, I will be bring my Formula scale boat that is on Red. I am also bring one Bud sport 20 boat on orange. Doug Shepherd Madison, In IMPBA #12484S See ya there Doug :p

Back