what items are needed for a 56inch apache

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerp

hi i am new to boat building could some one please tell me what running gear i would need for my 56 apache hull !!

i already have the zen 260 engine

i would appreciate a full list of what i would need

do i need to use turn fins ?

your info would be of great help

thanks in advance

hi i am new to boat building could some one please tell me what running gear i would need for my 56 apache hull !!
i already have the zen 260 engine

i would appreciate a full list of what i would need

do i need to use turn fins ?

your info would be of great help

thanks in advance
There are a couple different options for that boat with gas power but personally I would go with the Speedmaster Gas Stinger Strut, Speedmaster R-143 extended dual water pick up rudder blade, Speedmaster SPD-203 trim tabs (cut a line up the middle of just the tab to split into 2 adjustable tabs) & Dick Tyndall mono turns fins on both sides. Hope this helps. B)

those hulls run good with the motor mounted at around 11 to 12 inches plug to transom ...

surface drive a prather 275 prop to start with and a prop shop 7015x2 as a suggested first/sec prop //

keep the weight of the nose or itll hook thru a corner ( grab the nose and turn it )

build it light

id differ and use a short rudder stand of and a pair of three inch turn fins on each side at the back .

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
yes they will work , although they drag a fair bit of water as they run..

great for a sport setup. not so much for racing

just dont put the engine too far forward or you wont be able to get it to really air out

Jason

Latest posts

Back