What boat is this?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jelys

Anybody know the manufacturer of this "rigger".

It is a .45, 36 inch long.

Regards

Jan Erik

image.jpg

Thank's Ken

Looking at the sponson design and relatively wide stance, the design does not look too old.

The hull looks like it's made of GRF/ epoxy and the sponsons of wood, is that wright?

Jan Erik

Thank's Wayne for info

From what I understand Hummingbird is some what based on Road Runner. Is that wright?

Regards

Jan Erik

That is a Roadrunner based on the cowling. The cowlings that Ralph Almirola sold with these boats is made from plastic. Check that and if it is plastic it is probably a Roadrunner. All the shapes look like Roadrunner. Some people have copies them over the years, so it is not certain if it is an original or copy.

With a total refurbish, the boat should be competitive with a good engine and prop. The hardware is good quality stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intersting news

The hull is however made of GRP/ epoxy. (may be CF reinforced) I thought the Roadrunners were all made of wood and the Hummingbirds of fiberglass/ carbon. Could this be a copy cat then?

Anyway it's a nice looking boat, not like the anorexia looking modern riggers as some one on this forum put it.

If I buy it I will give it a total renovation and paint job.

Jan Erik

Latest posts

Back