ts2 with thunder tiger outboard help !!!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerp

i have got a thunder tiger outboard that i wuold like to mount onto a ts2 hull !!

do i need to make any changes to the hull for example to i need to add a spacer or change the mount to fit this engine onto the ts2 ?

(the tt outboard has an adjustable mount built into/onto the outboard)

any help would be great

thanks

Hi, The stock TT O/B mount is something that should be changed cause bolt spacing is just over 1 inch and

everyother mount is 1 1/2 inch.

I have been modifying an Octura 3.5 mount for years but you have to knock the bushings out for the 3/16ths pin.

After that smooth the pin hole out and use a short section of Teflon tube over the TT pin that is used for the inboard

3/16ths cable. This can be a little bit of a learning curve episode the first time you do it cause it is a TOUGH fit.

I also have a couple TT adjustable engine mounts part# PNO165 from "thundertiger4u" website. I have not used

one of these before but I can tell you that they only move up and down. They could also be made to be adjustable

(tilt wise) and have the 1 1/2 bolt spread by making new side "L" brackets.

I can send you the TT adjustable mount probably faster than thundertiger4U can get it to you but we both have to

wait till after Labor Day to send.

I'm at a club race today and won't be back until 6:00PM pacific time.

You may find that the TT O/B leave's quite a bit to be desired (in the performance area) in stock form. I can help

with that too if you need it.

JW

What can be done to a standard TT to get it perform better?
Thomas
A pipe (HTB "HP"), exhaust port raise and cut the stock button on a lathe gets them in the ballpark.

Theres more above that with sleeve shims, cut crank window, custom button, different carb, 60%

nitro an such.

JW

What can be done to a standard TT to get it perform better?
Thomas
A pipe (HTB "HP"), exhaust port raise and cut the stock button on a lathe gets them in the ballpark.

Theres more above that with sleeve shims, cut crank window, custom button, different carb, 60%

nitro an such.

JW

Will exhaust port raise alone work if no pipe can be used?

Thomas

I don't think so, generally, lower exhaust port timing works better with the muffler and the TT is right around

157*,, lower than the O.S.XM O/B. I have seen the muffled TT do perdy well with a cut stock button and pinch

the water way down. This engine runs way too cool (as do many 21 o/b's) with full water going thru them.

I don't think so, generally, lower exhaust port timing works better with the muffler and the TT is right around157*,, lower than the O.S.XM O/B. I have seen the muffled TT do perdy well with a cut stock button and pinch

the water way down. This engine runs way too cool (as do many 21 o/b's) with full water going thru them.
Ran my boat yesterday and the temp was only 55-60 degrees celsius

I don't think so, generally, lower exhaust port timing works better with the muffler and the TT is right around157*,, lower than the O.S.XM O/B. I have seen the muffled TT do perdy well with a cut stock button and pinch

I assume thats water exit temp? I don't know how to convert quickly celsius to *F but it looks like around 80

to 90* F. The more you deny it water (build heat) the more fuel you can feed it,, that alone will help.

JW

I assume thats water exit temp? I don't know how to convert quickly celsius to *F but it looks like around 80

to 90* F. The more you deny it water (build heat) the more fuel you can feed it,, that alone will help.

JW
It was measured from the glowplug with IR.. I think 55 degrees celcius is 131 Fahrenheit

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

JW
It was measured from the glowplug with IR.. I think 55 degrees celcius is 131 Fahrenheit

Thanks for the converter,, now I have no excuse,, I can tell you stories about glo-plug temps that would just Scare

the "H" outa you,, try 375*!! With no damage to the motor! Now I didn't want to run it that hot but it shows how being

able to run more fuel will protect the moving parts.

Another aspect here is the fact that the stock TT o/b head button volume is made for a buggy engine,, more volume

has a "cooling" effect all by itself,,so removing the .010" button shim will give you .013" head space. Still has a

pretty large volume in there but a step in the right direction.

JW

Last edited by a moderator:

JW

Thanks for the converter,, now I have no excuse,, I can tell you stories about glo-plug temps that would just Scare

the "H" outa you,, try 375*!! With no damage to the motor! Now I didn't want to run it that hot but it shows how being

able to run more fuel will protect the moving parts.

Another aspect here is the fact that the stock TT o/b head button volume is made for a buggy engine,, more volume

has a "cooling" effect all by itself,,so removing the .010" button shim will give you .013" head space. Still has a

pretty large volume in there but a step in the right direction.

JW
Thanks for the info Jerry.

Thomas

Hi, The stock TT O/B mount is something that should be changed cause bolt spacing is just over 1 inch andeveryother mount is 1 1/2 inch.

I have been modifying an Octura 3.5 mount for years but you have to knock the bushings out for the 3/16ths pin.

After that smooth the pin hole out and use a short section of Teflon tube over the TT pin that is used for the inboard

3/16ths cable. This can be a little bit of a learning curve episode the first time you do it cause it is a TOUGH fit.

I also have a couple TT adjustable engine mounts part# PNO165 from "thundertiger4u" website. I have not used

one of these before but I can tell you that they only move up and down. They could also be made to be adjustable

(tilt wise) and have the 1 1/2 bolt spread by making new side "L" brackets.

I can send you the TT adjustable mount probably faster than thundertiger4U can get it to you but we both have to

wait till after Labor Day to send.

I'm at a club race today and won't be back until 6:00PM pacific time.

You may find that the TT O/B leave's quite a bit to be desired (in the performance area) in stock form. I can help

with that too if you need it.

JW

jw is it possable to get a picture of the octura mounts ??

thanks roger

This is the Octura 7.5 mount that has the TT pin installed. The 7.5 mount was used for the RB Concepts 728 that's

on the TT lower, the 3.5 Octura mount has an aluminum center pin boss.

Back