THOR - FLAT BUILD / CORELOCK

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,

Dave is finishing up the 355 prototype this week. I will start rigging it next week so we should have some video to share within a couple of weeks.

I know I had asked earlier but I don't have much patience. Any video on the 40 boat or anything? Curios minds need to know!
Matt,

Dave has the prototype 355 almost ready to ship out for wet-testing. It should be completely finished by this weekend. If it all goes smooth, we will be dropping orders to the laser in about 2 weeks for 355 kits. That should give builders time to have them ready for the fall race for sure. Video...not sure.

Oh... I see while I was answering your question Ron did the same. Yea, He will be testing it with a smoking hot engine. YEA!

-Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt,

Dave is finishing up the 355 prototype this week. I will start rigging it next week so we should have some video to share within a couple of weeks.
So when will the real testing begin?
default_smile.png

Pretty cool, I'd love to get my hands on an old shaman, but seeing as how that's impossible these days, I have my eyes open so lets see what you guys bring to the table.

Matt

The THOR team is bring it all to the table.

Dave

hey Matt great day at the pond today (especially with J Ottos help)

boy the Gas project was looking good, man did that thing turn

so did JK let you in the Gas Tunnel 9 boats will work

its going to be a 6 boat shoot out anyways

see you next week at the pond

Greg

Not sure if anybody has video or not. Eric, looks like you are in the molding business from all those hulls in you avatar. Are those boats you build?

-Carl

Not sure if anybody has video or not. Eric, looks like you are in the molding business from all those hulls in you avatar. Are those boats you build?

-Carl
LOL! Yes, they were my winter projects that have turned into summer projects. I have done custom car audio for 20 years....8 as the owner and the boat building keeps using all my tools fun. Soon I will hopefully have a Thor to build.

P.s. I did find a very short video on the tube and it seems to have the corner speed (full throttle) I'm looking for!

Got to watch the 20 mod THOR today and all I can say is WOW,the darn thing looked like a slot car running on water........Very nice

Dick

Got to watch the 20 mod THOR today and all I can say is WOW,the darn thing looked like a slot car running on water........Very nice

Dick
Thanks Dick. I am very pleased with the 20 tunnel for sure. I think its ready for Charleston. Now, two more to go....
default_wink.png

Any updates on this kit? Available? Haven't gotten any response from Carl. Thanks

Any updates on this kit? Available? Haven't gotten any response from Carl. Thanks
THOR 3.5cc update:

The size of the original 3.5cc THOR was increased to 30 inches. We felt that the original size just wasn't quite large enough to handle some of the hot engines. There are three of these new THOR 300-Z prototypes being built right now. All of them are over 80 (or more) percent complete. I purposely held off burning the 295's until we see how the increased length works out. One of the 300's has been painted and will most likely get wet within a couple of weeks due to the extended weather forecast.

Maybe the guys who are testing them can post something about what they think for you guys. I really don't post much on IW anymore. When you see the new models you will know that there is no slacking going on over here.

-Carl

Eric,

Carl is right. I tested the shorter THOR and the boat was just too small for these Nova 21 setups. It is easily a 60 mph design. Yes, no typo...60mph. Only time will tell if the longer version scrubs any speed but in racing, its all about lap times. The shorter boat easily cornered without lifting, but was too small for these speeds coming out of the turn and down the straights. My 300 is close and should be finished and ready to rig in the next couple of weeks. The other two are further along, so I look forward to seeing their feedback as well. Stay tuned......

The new 300 should be in Carls Hands in a little over a week and Carl can fit the new cowl to it. I have seen the new 300 with the new cowl and it looks great.Pictures coming soon.

Builder for the THOR.

Dave

Back