The New Eagle SGX from CMDI (Andy Brown)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They for sure will counteract the lift of the propeller at 80 mph......and they also look nice!

Gill

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS

Andy,

Are the rear wings intended to provide lift or hold the transom down? Or are they just cosmetic (they do look cool)?

Happy New Year everyone!

Scott
Yes, they provide lift or down force in the straight and more lift or more down force in the turn depending on how they are configured. They do make a difference. Even the rear cover at the transom will make a difference. We lost the rear cover on our 21 boat this year and I spent an hour with different props trying to keep the prop hooked up. Never did solve the problem until we went back to the shop and made a new cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
even the rear cover at the transom will make a difference. We lost the rear cover on our 21 boat this year and I spent an hour with different props trying to keep the prop hooked up. Never did solve the problem until we went back to the shop and made a new cover
so the air-flow (aerodynamics) is that sensitive when removing transom hatch cover?

even the rear cover at the transom will make a difference. We lost the rear cover on our 21 boat this year and I spent an hour with different props trying to keep the prop hooked up. Never did solve the problem until we went back to the shop and made a new cover
so the air-flow (aerodynamics) is that sensitive when removing transom hatch cover?
On some boats it is, but not normally on the SG or SGX....they will normally run the same with or without the cover. The boat I mentioned is particularly sensitive due the the set up we are using. Not something I could sell to the general market.

You can find testimony on here from top level boaters who have stated that they worked with rear wings and found no difference. On some boats this can be true.

I have added just a small amount of down force to the transoms of great running boats and saw the boat slow down and the otherwise great running engine start eating plugs badly.

The winglets work just like he said...If you are gonna run the SG that Andy builds for heat racing,please do exactly what he says and you will be happy with your Eagle.

Andy,

With regards to the wings on my eagle, should I runs the flat side up or down?

You might want to know which props I plan to run?
Will you run the center sponson or just the two outer sponsons? And yes, what props?
I'm going to run without the center sponson, my prop box currently has 1667, 667, H31, H38, H50. I plan to try those out.

I also have a 1467 prop as well. Since I'm going to run with out the center sponson I would think the wings would be installed flat side down (creating positive pressure underneath the wings). This would keep the tail up at speed.

Ran my new Eagle for the first time today.

WOW thanks Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Setup was perfect.

Pulled a wheelie the first time I launched it with the 1667. Don't need to hit the throttle at launch. found that out right off the bat.

Hooked up perfect no bust out at all smoooooooooooooth as a babies you now what.

Full rudder turns hooked up perfect.

Put the big Ti turn fin I made on and the wider rudder.

Broke its first prop real quick and the transom held perfect.

Pull up on a 2118 real nice at the launch.

Don't need the ski thats for sure.

Lets race!!!!!!!!!!!

David

Nice !!

2agq8g0.jpg

It is done 9.75 Lbs ready to go
nice set-up. Are those servo mounts custom machined bar-stock aluminum? Or pieces used from other assemblies? Also, where are folks getting the carbon fibre canopies?
The mounts are from Offshore electrics and I think Zipp kits has the same ones.

The cowl was made by Igal in Israel. but have not bin able to get in touch with him lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finaly got the boat runing real nice and got run over by Ross's twin gas rigger in open water. LAST RUN OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took it like a trooper. bent the pipe and mount and got a winglet niped a little.

This new Boat runs great in the rough water and 25mph wind. Smoth as a baby you know what.

Thanks Eric that is one killer 1667 prop buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won alot of races and championships with mine.....no matter what the size or even the year of SG.... My 67 Eagle has been chopped in half 3 times, had sponsons broke numerous times and still keeps on running well!

242314_227465280597287_60893_o.jpg

37240_138555659488250_5176985_n.jpg

246543_443070252370121_1977932583_n.jpg
OUCH!!!!!!!

Jeremy,

I just built an eagle but did not install the wings as the ones on your boat what should I do??? should I replace them or just run the boat the way they are??? I have sent Andy an e mail i just talked to him yesterday, but I just caught this mistake today..any help would be great...

Regars,

Jose

Back