Testing new pipe.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stefan,

Doesn't sound like a carbon pipe to me?

I should have some for you to test very soon.

Nice water,

Mark Sholund

In Europe, the boats must be quiet. 80 db is the limit and they put the meter at the water's edge near the entrance buoy at the end of the front straight. If it reads 81 db or higher, you are warned. If the next run is over 80 db, you go home. They are very strict about it.

Stefan just got some of the K21 muffled pipes from me. They meet the 80 db rule in Europe.

It is difficult to find pipes that meet these noise requirements. So, you will often see boaters with all kinds of muffling additions to their pipes.

The 15cc hydros are so quiet, that you can hear the carbs open up heading for the start.

Racing boats in Europe is very demanding and very competitive.

Al Hobbs

Mark we are testing two new carbon pipes for .21 engines with very good results and soon they will be available.

Gill,

We are working on some carbon pipe designs also.

I would like to try & buy them when they are available.

Let Me Know Please,

Mark Sholund

Hi guys,

Just came home from the last race for the season, 3:rd place with a slow boat... dont know whats wrong, dosent seem to have the power in the engine, dont get the engine to rew high enough. Been trying the new Picco P7R this season and dont know if the engine is competitive tried all the different props i have and several different pipes. The ones i got from Al is working best so far but still dont get the speed. Now that the race season is over its time for some serious testing and i will start with one Nova rossi i have and see if i get the rews i´m hoping for... looking forward to test the carbonfibre from you Mark, just let me know when they are available...

Anyone having any sugestions on what to do i´m open for tips, feels like m stucked right now..

Stefan

Stefan, you are on the right track switching to the Nova! (i had to say that right...LOL). What Nova motor do you have? It is possible your problem may not be in the motor...is the driveline in the boat free and easy to turn, does the boat ride clean on the water without a lot of spray coming off anywhere? Have fun testing I'm the off season!

Glenn

I am glad that the pipes are working better for you. They have been quite popular around the world for many different racers.

3rd Place! I guess that means you will be at Germany next year. Congratulations.

I wonder if your engine is building enough heat. If you are over cooling the engine it cannot burn all of the nitro and performance suffers.

There is a big difference in water temperature between Scandinavia and the southern USA.

Try restricting the amount of water that goes to your engine,

So many things to do to get a boat running well.

Al Hobbs

here are the two pipes(not quiet) that I'm testing for 18-.21 engines.... they are ultralight..only 20grams The one on the Jae is made via vacuum bagging carbon fibre in closed molds..till now engines tested were GO .21 MGX 7,NOVA T35 PLUS ,CMB 21 VALVOLA(2009) and the new OS .21 TZ.

Gill

Hello ,

Stefan did you test your engine without cooling ? did you remove waterintake from engine and ran a few laps and did the enginge respond to that ?

Its a easy way to see if you run the enging to cold.. I guess we have that problem here now in sweden after summer,.

I have no problem to get the engine warm enough so i dont think thats the problem, first i will try another engine and see what that does.

Thanks for all help so far and I´m sure with all nice people here the problem will soon be solved.... :rolleyes:

Stefan

Ok, as you know i missed the 3,5 race this weekend. so i didnt see any 3,5 race...

i came in time for 7,5 and manage to qualifi to wc... 2nd place this year

here are the two pipes(not quiet) that I'm testing for 18-.21 engines.... they are ultralight..only 20grams The one on the Jae is made via vacuum bagging carbon fibre in closed molds..till now engines tested were GO .21 MGX 7,NOVA T35 PLUS ,CMB 21 VALVOLA(2009) and the new OS .21 TZ.

Gill
Them are beautiful!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back