SV 27 Brushless topspeed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stian

Hi

I just wonder how fast u run with your sv 27 brushless?

Especially those of you who run the boat with the stock motor and esc on nihm cells.

My topspeed is measured to 67,4 km/h (42 mph) with the stock motor and esc on 14 Intellect 4200 cells (not matched).

The propellor I run is Andy Brown Octura 642/2 and I have adjustable trim-tabs and I have also added a spin-fin on the port side of the boat.

Would my speed increase with another propellor, such as the 640/2 or perhaps a prather or prop-shop propellor?

I found the boat very stable with this setup, much more stable than in the original setup, with the stock propellor or the octura 440/3 propellor.

Is my sv 27 fast or is it just average?

Stian - 1975 - "hoping some day to make Norway a FE racing nation" :)

sounds like you have it running good, I ran mine with 2 2c li-po's it was about that fast with a 640/3 blade if you really want to make her go, run a 6 cell Li-Po but you will need a bigger ESC designed for at least 100 amp's and a seperate BEC for the rx, then your talking 50+ MPH but that hull isint really up to that unless your on like glass water plus the motor get's really hot, only run for short time's

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like you have it running good, I ran mine with 2 2c li-po's it was about that fast with a 640/3 blade if you really want to make her go, run a 6 cell Li-Po but you will need a bigger ESC designed for at least 100 amp's and a seperate BEC for the rx, then your talking 50+ MPH but that hull isint really up to that unless your on like glass water plus the motor get's really hot, only run for short time's
My SV27 on IB4200 12 cell hit 41.8mph on Garmin Edge 705 gps with a balanced and sharpened Grim Racer 42x55 prop here in San Diego. It seems I've run faster before but never gps'ed it on a good day. Another guy here ran 54mph exactly running very unstable with his SV27 using a Feigao 8xl and hydra 120 esc and an unknown to me 2 Blade prop that was much bigger than my 42x55. He was runnin Maxamps 2x 2s1p lipo's.

My SV27 on IB4200 12 cell hit 41.8mph on Garmin Edge 705 gps with a balanced and sharpened Grim Racer 42x55 prop here in San Diego. It seems I've run faster before but never gps'ed it on a good day. Another guy here ran 54mph exactly running very unstable with his SV27 using a Feigao 8xl and hydra 120 esc and an unknown to me 2 Blade prop that was much bigger than my 42x55. He was runnin Maxamps 2x 2s1p lipo's.
I also wanted to add I don't run with trim tabs at all and only the original single turn fin. I have the packs moved up 1 inch forward from stock. It's a very very smooth and stable ride.

Back