Supplier Issues

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new model boater in our area just had an unpleasant experience with TLR. He is so bummed he's considering getting out of rc boating.
JD
This post has been edited to eliminate the amount the new model boat claimed to have lost to TLR. Since originally informing me of his "issues" with TLR, the new model boater has informed me that a refund has been make. James Barringer also provided proof of a refund. I apologize to James Barringer for posting loss of monetary amounts that were false. I was wrong.

Sadly, our area just lost a new model boater.

JD

That's sad when something like that happens. There is always a bad apple in the bunch no matter what you get into. Try to talk to your friend about getting back into something that has given you pleasure for years.

A new model boater in our area just had an unpleasant experience with TLR. He is so bummed he's considering getting out of rc boating.
JD
This post has been edited to eliminate the amount the new model boat claimed to have lost to TLR. Since originally informing me of his "issues" with TLR, the new model boater has informed me that a refund has been make. James Barringer also provided proof of a refund. I apologize to James Barringer for posting loss of monetary amounts that were false. I was wrong.

JD
So I am guessing James sent you an email from his "Legal Team" ( this includes James and the mouse in his pocket cause he is a one man show).

Yo James: I regret I even felt slightly intimidated by you. The fact is this is a private members only forum and we can say anything we want about you or your crappy business. Your a crook, a thief and deserve to ROT IN HELL!

Last edited:
Not only is is a private forum but.. its Toms forum.

Tommy.. You have my FULL SUPPORT

Grim

JD

JD
So I am guessing James sent you an email from his "Legal Team" ( this includes James and the mouse in his pocket cause he is a one man show).

Yo James: I regret I even felt slightly intimidated by you. The fact is this is a private members only forum and we can say anything we want about you or your crappy business. Your a crook, a thief and deserve to ROT IN HELL!
The fact is I did post inaccurate monetary information and I seriously regret doing that. However, to the best of my knowledge there are no strands on any internet chap groups complaining about any of my business transactions in this hobby.

JD

"Sadly, our area just lost a new model boater."

It doesn't matter whether James is or isn't a total POS or what we think about him or his "business". To me, the ONLY thing that matters is the above sentence. In that we all lose ...................... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
However, to the best of my knowledge there are no strands on any internet chap groups complaining about any of my business transactions in this hobby.

JD

Exactly the point. That's why I am doing all I can reasonably do to put end to it. Either he straightens up his act, which is hard for a convicted criminal, or he gets out of the business. I do feel bad for the people who have chosen to involve themselves with his business, but I don't think it was a surprise to anyone. I've been consulting with legal counsel and they have instructed me there's no chance he would ever win a suit, nor could he ever afford it. He couldn't afford one more GPS to run an Unlimited Class RTR speed challenge so he jumped my case in a post when I asked about it. If he can't afford a $65.00 GPS then how can he afford legal services. I've already spent 3x that much just on consulting alone. James reminds of the earthlink guy that kept taking investors money to pay off other investors. I believe he is in prison now. Adam, his new crawfordville partner, has told me first hand that James is broke and running himself into the ground. It's kinda sad becuse it's his own personality that destroys his business. He's his own worst nightmare. The worst part is, every second he's destroying himself he's destroying our hobby by scaring people away. And it's the worst demographical portion of the hobby to turn away, the newcomers. Not to mention the newcomers are the ones who might not have IW or RCgroups or some other forum to inform them of the potetial risk in dealing with this company. I guess you could say it's like taking candy from a baby for James. He hits the people who never had a chance. I'm a little fired up today I just finshed having dinner with my legal consultant and have been talking about it for the past two hours. All I can ask is for everyone's support and please step up privately by PMing me so we can put an end to this insanity. Let go wins some races.

Travis

Geez Tom, don't be shy, tell us what you really think! :D

I've seen a list of people that he's finally sent a refund to but there still are some large accounts that he hasn't paid off on, we're talking of ones that were over a Grand.

I got an e-mail from him once wanting me to contact his "Legal team". As usual, it was a joke as the "Extension" was X-440. Doesn't that "extension" sound familiar?

Now to find his merry gang of Trolls as we know that they're in here plus more than likely Jimmy himself.

Travis, do you still have the links that I sent to you? You might want to revisit those places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back