SpeedWeek @ Blue Lake is back!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to Glenn and Martin & everyone that set records this week! I hope to make it to this event someday.

TB

Congrats Glenn , you been after that one for a while, Great Job.
default_cool.png

Andy

Coolbeans Glen

Thats a Great reward for your work done on your .12 rigger.

Will be nice to see more .12 riggers to support a proven fun & fast class.See you next year sir

DRV2WIN

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Glenn for a sucessfull week hosting at Blue Lake. Congrats to all that set new records.

Glenn,

What an AWESOME PASS with your 12-Hydro.

Now you have really set the bar high.

I knew someone was going to go over 100 MPH with

all that RPM and a Great Game Changer ABC Propeller.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Friends we have perfect water today, and I have finally had enough runs to get the 12 dialed in! My best 2 way average is 2.309 which is 97.444 mph! Yeah!!! I am so blessed! Another super cool thing (at least to me!) is that I have made two passes at over 100! One was 101.214 and the other was 103.830!

More later got to get back to running!

GQ
Strollin'!
default_smile.png

Thanks for all of the updates, it has been nice to follow this here. Big congrats to all of the record setters and attendees! Will there be a breakdown of who attempted, ran and set records?

-Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends, I will post results as soon as I get rested and have time. I have a three or four day trip to get home and then unpacking, etc. There are 12 records being applied for.

GQ

Glen

That is Great news ! 100 Wow . I remember when you hit 80 a while back .

Maybe next year I can come !

Ty

Go for it Bob! That record was set with a .46 engine with a "very sloppy" piston fit. (slow record) It should be around 80-mph but I don't think you can do that with the 460. The boat I gave you with the removable sponsons is the fastest tunnel you have. It should go 80 with the E & F engine. I just don't understand why you are not using it.
Hey Tommy!!! I hope you are doing well. Not sure if you remember me. It has been a long long time. I used to burn up your ear many years ago asking advice, racing your many designs, and I have missed our times at the many boat races where we ran together. You were my mentor then and when I returned to rc boat racing 4 years ago I started asking how you and Beth were doing. Im really happy to see your posts on this thread and hope to see you at a race sometime soon!!! Just so you know, I agree with your post. I picked up your record setting hull from Bob a couple of years ago along with your straightaway and oval sponsons. I also have your wooden 20 tunnel you built. I have plans to install a Novarossi 46 on that 40 tunnel sometime soon and would love to work with you again to raise that old record of yours even higher if you would be interested. Would love to keep that record intact with both the original design, and the original designer!!! PM me sometime and I will call you to catch up. FYI, I pulled one of my 460's you built for me years ago out of storage and mounted a Nova 46 on the back. It has won the last two major races, 2015 Fall Nats and 2016 Winter Nitro Nats. Congrats my friend on a design that is still winning today!!!!!....
default_smile.png

Remember this?

RonWhy don't we get together and put my .67 K&B outboard on Tommy's SAW tunnel. I would put it together, and you can drive it at the record trials

Thanks for all the nice words guys! I could not have done it without the help from a few friends! First is my good friend Martin for doing the motor and for all the great advice on how to make motors really work! Then Jim for designing these great new props, John Otto for mixing me up some fuel, and Scott B for the pipe design! And then of course all the guys here at the pond that launched my boat, worked the clocks and witnessed the times. And of course my lovely wife Donna who was running around doing all the above!!!

Thanks guys!!!

GQ

Back