SpeedWeek @ Blue Lake is back!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! 100+ with a .12 is EXCELLENT! Way to go, Glenn! Little Boats RULE!
default_cool.png

Way to go glenn!! I can remember sitting all day at Huntsville watching the wind blow and never putting a boat in the water. But by being patient the good water will come. You proved that last week. Glad it worked out for you after the long wait. Great run!!!

Way to go glenn!! I can remember sitting all day at Huntsville watching the wind blow and never putting a boat in the water. But by being patient the good water will come. You proved that last week. Glad it worked out for you after the long wait. Great run!!!
Yeah Tommy I have had many days at Huntsville with you where the boats never even came out of the truck! Patience is a vital part of record chasing!

GQ

WOW!! 103+ with a .12 is amazing, Glenn (-; Congratulations, all the time and effort paid off. I wasn't playing with rc boats when I lived in Tallahassee, Fl., but I drove by Blue Lake hundreds of times headed to the dirt track in Valdosta. Very nice site, know right where it is.

Glenn congrats again. In keeping with the 2016 Novarossi Marine USA record challange, you will receive a new Novarossi .12 Engine as a gift for your record setting performance with a Novarossi engine. Be sure to send me a pic and details when you can so I can post on the Novarossi Marine USA website, Facebook page, and share on the Novarossi Italy World site as well. Outstanding job my friend!!!...
default_smile.png

Glenn congrats again. In keeping with the 2016 Novarossi Marine USA record challange, you will receive a new Novarossi .12 Engine as a gift for your record setting performance with a Novarossi engine. Be sure to send me a pic and details when you can so I can post on the Novarossi Marine USA website, Facebook page, and share on the Novarossi Italy World site as well. Outstanding job my friend!!!...
default_smile.png
Thank you Ron, that is awesome!!! I will get you the pics, etc as soon as I get home and get caught up!

Thanks again!

GQ

default_smile.png
Thank you Ron, that is awesome!!! I will get you the pics, etc as soon as I get home and get caught up!
Thanks again!

GQ

default_smile.png
Thanks again!

Would this be classified as an insider deal?

GQ

Lol John. Nope, this is good for the entire year and available to everyone. Glenn has taken the engine for the .12 Hydro class but many more classes left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends, we final made it back home and I am pooped! As promised, here is a list of the record applications I am sending to Doug. I think this was the best SpeedWeek yet and folks really seemed to enjoy themselves! It was definitely the windiest one, but that was only because Truex was there!

The list (in no particular order)

- Jerry Crowther F mono 1/3 oval 21.112 sec

- Jerry Crowther SS mono SAW 68.140 mph fast pass 69.358 mph

- Jerry Crowther SS mono 1/3 oval 23.262 sec

- Crowther/Drake C OB hydro 1/3 oval 24.272 sec

- Huff/Huff P mono 1/3 oval 26.026 sec

- Ken Haines N hydro 1/3 oval 23.745 sec

- Lamar Huff crackerbox SAW 42.126 mph fast pass 42.277 mph

- Lamar Huff crackerbox 1/3 oval 32.327 sec

- Jeff Maturo N Super Stock 1/3 oval 62.365 sec

- Jeff Maturo N Stock 1/3 oval 79.142 sec

- Glenn Quarles A hydro SAW 97.444 mph fast pass 103.830 mph

- Martin Truex Jr Twin hydro 1/3 oval 16.342 sec

I'll try to put more details of some of the special things that happened once I get caught up with everything.

GQ

Great bunch of records!

The wind was brutal for the solid week. Worst we've had all Winter!

Congrats to everyone who was patient and persevered to success!

R/C boats continue to get faster!

Welcome to the 100 mph club Glenn! And you did it with the smallest boat ever! :)

Great bunch of records!

The wind was brutal for the solid week. Worst we've had all Winter!

Congrats to everyone who was patient and persevered to success!

R/C boats continue to get faster!

Welcome to the 100 mph club Glenn! And you did it with the smallest boat ever! :)
I dont go too far back , but 10 years or so ago , the first time I went to Blue Lake, Glenn was chasing 80 or so with his .12 stuff- I have some pics somewhere of that boat.

I remember thinking , there is no way in heck that boats gonna go that fast

It did
default_rolleyes.gif

Yeah . He deserves to be the first to 100mph with a .12
default_cool.png

'06. I remember that event well. Impressive then, impressive now.
Mind like a steel trap Snowman
default_cool.png

I remember vividly sitting at Ron Green's cabin with you - Fuller - Harris - Rankle -Smock, and a few others having an unwind after the first day
default_cool.png

As a newbie at his first event ever , its a memory I will never forget.

Thanks Glenn, Jason and all that played a part that weekend , a hook thats never been unset .

Andy

Latest posts

Back