SpeedWeek @ Blue Lake is back!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friends, since I really want the race part of SpeedWeek to be sucessfull on its own, I have started a separate thread talking about it. Please feel free to ask questions all you want! It may help me make things even better with the new format!

GQ

Sounds great Glenn. I will have to talk Kentley into coming down as well.
Cool!!! I was really hoping you would make it!! And bringing Kentley down would be a special awrsome bonus! Think you'll be there for the race, record trial or both?
GQ
Will talk to the guys and get back to you. Looks like the interest is building quickly. Good luck.

The record trial looks like a good turnout, but nobody saying anything about the race so far.

GQ
The record trial looks like a good turnout, but nobody saying anything about the race so far.

GQ
Go with a standard heat race format and offer whats avail and see what makes Glenn . 1 - 2 days max and record trials .
Nah, I've put on lots of regular heat races, I just want to do something different! If the interest isn't there then I will just make it a 9 day long record trial!

GQ

GQ
Glenn,I really would like to attend the race but I have a very important commitment from the first weekend to second weekend of every month. I like the format your going to use for the race, should make things real interesting. I'll drive down to check out the time trials.

Buck

GQ
Glenn,I really would like to attend the race but I have a very important commitment from the first weekend to second weekend of every month. I like the format your going to use for the race, should make things real interesting. I'll drive down to check out the time trials.

Buck
Buck, it will be awesome to see you again!!! Wish you could make the race!!

GQ

Friends, due to the lack of interest in the race part of SpeedWeek, I am canceling the race and changing it to a full 9 days of record trials!

Some details about the record trial:

- Begins Saturday Feb 6th and ends Sun Feb 14th

- I will be there about a week early to work on the lake, so if you want to stop by and test (and help me with setup) COME ON!!!

- Running both 1/16 mile SAW and

- 1/3 mile oval

- Blue Lake is approx 1500' long with the course set very close to the center. Gives almost 600' run-up run on both ends. Although it is not as long as some lakes, the water is often smooth! Over the course of 9 days you will most likely have all the smooth water running time you want!

- The water is generally VERY clear and it is just a very nice place to be! You will often see large bass swimming by the launch area. It is like running boats on a 1500' aquarium!

- Camping at the pond is OK. (I will be there in my motor home)

- If we have limited smooth water on any particular day I will invoke the "boats who need smooth water rule" for the last hour before sunset.

- We will start running as soon as we can get the equipment set up in the morning, and continue as long as there is safe light to run.

- Cost is $40 to entry for the entire 9 days. Come and go as often as you want!

- IMPBA cards will be checked.

Thanks! Hope to see you guys there. Please let me know if you have any questions! Also, please let me know if you think you'll be there, even if it will only be for a day or two!

GQ

I just got word from Ron that he will give $100 off the price of any KEEP or TOBE engine to everyone that sets a record with a Novarossi engine!!! More details to follow.

Thanks Ron!!!

GQ

Glen

Im planing on being there for SAW dont know witch days yet.let me know how much more money to send you.so I can have the entry out ofthe way.

Ken

Hi,

Looking forward to making this great sounding time trial event. Lake looks great! Can you please tell me what is the nicest, closest hotel? I would like to get a room lined up now. Thanks and see you soon, Jeff

Sounds great Jeff!

I am working the final details of getting the host hotel lined up. It is going to be the Hampton Suites by the conference center. The rate is going to be $89 which includes free hot breakfast and free drinks in the evenings during the week. I will post more details as I get them. Tell them you are there for SPEEDWEEK to get the special rate.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!!

GQ

Latest posts

Back