Charleston FE classes?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTV Boats

Before this years classes are set in stone I thought we might have a little discussion on what FE tunnels you might have ready to race at Charleston? This does not commit you just gives an idea of what numbers could be there.

Last year there was only "P: spec and open FE. John talked about adding another class to promote FE beyond spec which I think is a good idea as FE conversions on tunnels seem to be a natural power choice. I would like to see a stand alone "P" class if there is enough interest as "open FE" will be where a "Q" will domoinate. I have a running "S" boat but my "Q" will run faster laps. As a class I don't see many "S" (8 cells) being built for heat racing as wieght and cost go up exponetially. May just remain a SAW class. A "P" will be competative in open but at a disadvantage to a "Q". With a motor and ESC change the spec hulls could make a formitable "P" class boat. Kind of depends on whats actually being built so what have you got. These are the classes we will be heat racing in the future.

Jay and I will bring 2 spec and 2 other sparky boats,one P and one Q. The P could run as a Q going to 5S. I still would hope we come up with a stand alone full P class as the crossover with spec in hulls and batteries makes it an easy more economical transition. Bill Brittons P-LYNX with a 2300kv Keda was an animal at the Brandon Tri-oval.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
I have boats for P-limited, P, and Q as well. I would love to run P-limited, and Q.

Mic,

Great idea. I would be interested in running P-limited and/or P, and Q as well.

Gabe,

How's that Q coming along?......... ;)

Loeb,

How about you?

Itll be ready very shortly. :)

IMG_20111229_115126.jpg

I was referring to running my P-limited in the P class, with a few changes of course.

Guys,

Please keep in mind the the question that Mic is posing is for the WTC race only and not for any other Charleston race. There is just no room for the additional classes at the Internats or the Fall Nationals.

The established class rules, such as the length required or maximum and the allowed voltage/batteries, will be followed for whatever is chosen to run. As always, the open FE tunnel will be just that, run what you brung.

Back