Single F hydros/Twin F Hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you seperate the singles from the twins I would have to drive 14+ hours just to race my twin :( .

Do we really need another class , we have way to many as it is ?

Tim K
if you think there there is a lot of classes in impba,try looking into namba. :blink: jullian,not everybody wants to or can afford a twin.if the big props would not tare up the water as bad,there would be a few twin 45 and 67 twin that would eat you up.just ask ray smentz about brian chaunneys twin 67 20 years ago! :ph34r:

WOW this is like lobbying congress.

So what is the problem with having a single F/X class.

The twins have there own class.

Do we need to get the NAACP involved!

There are just as many running the single class as the twin if not more.

We can all race together in F/X if we want.

Would just be nice to have a fast class with no supper tankers in the water.

David

HEY HEY..........WILF Tread Lightly.............I resemble that remark!!!! :angry: <_< ;) :p :lol:

As for this discussion...............John stop whining and rise to the challange, Wilf you to,and any one else that ran or plans to run a single. We all know the water condition thing. Fine, personally it is about beating a twin with a single. Or who ever in that class. I entered both classes with a single in Charleston and will do it again if offered at another race........ I signed up,paid money, to use the "entire lake" ,go as fast as I can,and pass whatever is in front of me .............if I can.

Cabin Fever can get all of you in a tail spin if you like.... But you better be ready to race when the clock hits 0!!! B)
Heck lets just run the retrieve boat out there and make it real interesting . :huh:

Would even up the playing field. :unsure:

Will see who can drive around it. now thats what I call having B^!!$. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I an going to go there.........!!!!! Exciting Racin DOC.............???? For who Those were boring Heat in Charleston.

Excepet for you WHINING!!!! Let see what happens in Orlando as this will be the second time for it. As for the WATER!!!

THIS IS BOAT RACING!!!!! Mabey you need to understand what that means????

Cause, if you are WHINING about the water..........Mabey "YOU NEED TO STAY!!! ON THE POURCH!!

WOW this is like lobbying congress.

So what is the problem with having a single F/X class.

The twins have there own class.

Do we need to get the NAACP involved!

There are just as many running the single class as the twin if not more.

We can all race together in F/X if we want.

Would just be nice to have a fast class with no supper tankers in the water.

David

HEY HEY..........WILF Tread Lightly.............I resemble that remark!!!! :angry: <_< ;) :p :lol:

As for this discussion...............John stop whining and rise to the challange, Wilf you to,and any one else that ran or plans to run a single. We all know the water condition thing. Fine, personally it is about beating a twin with a single. Or who ever in that class. I entered both classes with a single in Charleston and will do it again if offered at another race........ I signed up,paid money, to use the "entire lake" ,go as fast as I can,and pass whatever is in front of me .............if I can.

Cabin Fever can get all of you in a tail spin if you like.... But you better be ready to race when the clock hits 0!!! B)
Heck lets just run the retrieve boat out there and make it real interesting . :huh:

Would even up the playing field. :unsure:

Will see who can drive around it. now thats what I call having B^!!$. <_<
The only one with B^!!$ would be the guy in the retrieve boat. :eek:

AS Mark was Saying...... SPECIALTY CLASS for F SINGLE HYDRO...... F hydro has always been the BIG LEAGUE of hydro Racing Dont change it for a small percentage of those that think it should be............ I`am still waiting to see the F Single Engine that is Going to Outrun todays CMB Powered F TWINS.......... You cannot actually be looking for Calm Water in F hydro????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: REALLY........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come to think of it I never see any Clam water in F Mono either????????? :blink: :blink: . Dont be Skeert..... lets race by the rule booklet we have......... there are a few that have passed from this earth that played a important role in writing it.... Dont piss all over it just because you can.......

Yes I an going to go there.........!!!!! Exciting Racin DOC.............???? For who Those were boring Heat in Charleston.

Excepet for you WHINING!!!! Let see what happens in Orlando as this will be the second time for it. As for the WATER!!!

THIS IS BOAT RACING!!!!! Mabey you need to understand what that means????

Cause, if you are WHINING about the water..........Mabey "YOU NEED TO STAY!!! ON THE POURCH!!
Chuck you miss the point as usual. I am not whinning and have been racing twins and singles long before you started to race. The point is that if the singles were by their selves there would be incredible racing. . Also boat and motor inovation with f motors would again take place. I will remind you that I did win US-1 with A SINGLE F-HYDRO AGAINST THE TWINS. dare I ask if you had the oportunity to win a US-1 in f-hydro.. So I am not whinning, I would like to see growth in the single f-motors and hulls. Also there I believe several folks would like to run un f-hydro but don,t desire the cost of a twin. The point of the original post was to have some good INTELLEGENT DISSCUSSION. I hope you would continue to offer good inciteful discussion with your experience in racing f-hydro.

AS Mark was Saying...... SPECIALTY CLASS for F SINGLE HYDRO...... F hydro has always been the BIG LEAGUE of hydro Racing Dont change it for a small percentage of those that think it should be............ I`am still waiting to see the F Single Engine that is Going to Outrun todays CMB Powered F TWINS.......... You cannot actually be looking for Calm Water in F hydro????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: REALLY........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come to think of it I never see any Clam water in F Mono either????????? :blink: :blink: . Dont be Skeert..... lets race by the rule booklet we have......... there are a few that have passed from this earth that played a important role in writing it.... Dont piss all over it just because you can.......
Joe, maybe we should have not established the twin class at all, because IT DID CHANGE THE RULE BOOK THAT WAS SET UP BY PAST IMPBA LEADERSHIP and those that PASSED. Dont be Skeert with change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. What about all the gas classes that changed the rule book????????. Again the post was to stimulate hopefully some good discussion which for the most part it has.

Doc everyone can run f hydro single or twin in f hydro. They just hate the fact that twins disturbed the water more. racing is racing singles, twins, tripple, quads, steam,turbine and rocket bring them all I'll race them in the water.

Testing and development is done at record trials not heat racing.

Here kitty kitty

Julian

Doc, Prepare & Select your Weapon for 2012 Racing!! If you want a advantage you Got to WORK............. Degrading a class so you can compete is Not the answer......... the CD of the events can always add (F single Special event rules) to the program if they desire prior the the race entry......... AS you know Twins use to be at a Disadvantage in F Hydro because singles were easier to Tune & singles generally finished all of there heats.............. Get yourself a New Boat..Buy Some BIG Props & Join the race... With CMB`s 91 VAC & the RS101 Twin Racing has Never Been Better.........

Doc the TWIN HYDRO Class was estabalished so the Boats could be Guaranteed to Compete @ the INTERNATS & Could compete for US-1..... It was a New Classes added in 2005. prior to that everone in IMPBA ran them under Special events rules...... The two classes that were deserving of US1 classes were SCALE HYDRO & TWIN NITRO HYDRO.......... Both are TOP SHELF Models That are deserving of New Respective classes when they were written for there own Class rules...

Juian..... I think they are Running Skeert!!!!!!!! :huh: :huh: Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre Kitty Kitty Kitty......... Doc If 50 percent is Not getting the JOB Done???????????????????????? Jam Some Technology 65 Nitro in to her........ Light a Fire it them Motors............ :eek: :eek: Prop Up, Nitro UP, Nut Up........... See you in the Back Stretch in 2012. LETS RACE....... Dont ride the ROOOOOOSTER!!!!!!!!! :blink: :blink:

This fun!!!!!!!!!!!Joe chuck and Julian, Lots of rhetoric but I have not seen any logical reason why a single FX class is bad for model boating. I would think that you would want the singles out of f-hydro since "they can't run with the twins". this could potentially give an all twin f-hydro class. Would the single FX class adversley affect the twin class or f-hydro??????? I think a single FX that could be a US-1 class would help foster twin 45's 60's and 80's for f-hydro. The single F-hydros could still run in f-hydro just like those that run in the twin class run in f-hydro as well.. So guys please give me some inciteful thoughts why a single FX hydro class would be bad for model boating or how it would harm the twin class and the f-hydro class.

It seams to me that if we are looking to build up the ranks of racers. That a cheaper alternative to a few thousand dollar twin would be the way to do it. not every one has the means to build this kind of boat.

From the people I have talked with thy want to step up to the f/x class. But don't because thy do not want to race with the big twin boats.

I thing it is time to put big egos aside and do what is best for the hobby.

David

Instead of breaking up a class why not just let the Host club decide how to handle this?

If you are fortunate enough to have that many single and twin F hydros at your race and you want to split them up go ahead.

Up here we have to combine E and F hydro most of the time just so people can race :( .

I say leave it up to the club to decide .

Tim K

Ok doc my question is as follows.

How does the regular f hydro benefits from this ?

Do we want to split the class single F hydros and twin f hydros ?

Do we race both classes the take the top 3 from each class and combine them in one heat to get a overall f hydro 1-6 place ??

By doing this does it aliminate 75% of the competition from the regular F hydro ?

Do we need to have 2 Twin classes F hydro Twin and Twin rigger ?

Change is always good im always good for change. but when you take the competition from one class and pit them in a separate class it lowers the numbers on the other class. Doc your F hydro single was a monster in Huntsville in some really ruff water and it was faster than my Twin by a long shot.

Julian

Having the FX class will inhance racing and those as mentioned that don't want to spend the big bucks and also have great racing. The singles can still run in f-hydro if they desire and twins can run in f-hydro. So no harm done to f-hydro. WE WILL ACTUALLY HAVE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! F-HYDROS BUY ESTABLISHING THE FX CLASS. Tim the local clubs can always mix and adjust what runs with what. We in the past had RUN What You Brung. The INDY UNLIMITED in the past had one class HYDRO. 120 boats all competing against each other. So to win was an accomplishment. In fact that is how I got won my first twin crapshooter. Martin Davis was my caller and we did it with a competiton 60. The establishment of the class will generate an expansion of boats and boaters in the class. Julian your question "Do we need two twin classes" is a good one. We have it now. So adding single f-hydro FX will not change. In time it may be come apparent that there may just need to be a single twin class, but time will sort that out. 75% of f-hydro is not single f boats. 75% is twins. Again more may step up with twin 45,60 and 80's for the f-hydro class. Julian, No combining top 6. What is again achieved, back to the same issue of an uneven playing field, WATER RACE CONDITONS. AS JOE HAS SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN " A SINGLE F-HYDRO CAN'T COMPETE WITH A TWIN". I think he just mentioned it a few posts back. He had never seen a single out run a twin. Good questions Julian, Now you are thinking. Keep it up. You may even want a single f-hydro. Bad fast racing and less cost. Have you ever seen Stu's single f- hydro come down the shoot and go through turn 1. SERIOUS.!!!!!!!! Probalbly 90+.

Back