Single F hydros/Twin F Hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, Its the WATER issue. The Bridge award can be given for the best twin in the Twin class. I was racing when John Bridge was running. During that time and really up to about the last 5-7 years twins would not finish and there were vary few of them and the award help stimulate growth of twins. NOW with 5 twins and one single F-hydro in the same race the single has no chance due to the WATER. BTW there has not been a Nats for about 5 yrs so I not sure about the significance of the argument that has been presented. Also I think there are several folks who can afford a single f and not a twin. Doc
Again Doc, the John Bridge trophy is for the BEST PERFORMING TWIN in F CLASS. As it appears in our IMPBA rulebook-

John Bridge Trophy

Trophy to be awarded to the individual having the best total score with a multi-engine Hydro in F

class, US-1 competition (1/16 mile Straightaway and Oval time trials, and heat racing). This would

be a traveling trophy.

So do you want to re-write that part of the rulebook as well? And "up to about the last 5-7 years twins would not finish". Seriously? Wow, that really makes me wish I could have gone to the Nats for the 10 year stretch I missed starting in 2000 as my twins didn't seem to have that "problem". And lastly to imply that the water doesn't get screwed up with only single F boats running is a bit of a stretch. I've run F class for many years and a full heat of singles does a pretty good job shredding the water. Here's a thought- instead of expending the energy trying to convince us to change the rules for a class that works just fine, why don't you use it more productively by encouraging the larger race events to offer the single F specialty class like Charleston has done. Or you could just run E hydro which is just as fast and no twins! There ya go, like Julian said PROBLEM SOLVED! LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc the Battle has always been the TWINS vs the FAST SINGLES....... I can tell you I traveled the Atlanta Many times years pass to race that Very Class........................ F HYDRO......Evansville is Still RACING FAST F Singles Against TWINS...... I have Beaten Twins with a FAST 60 Single.... But You have to step up the Boat & the set up........ I dont see where a 90 Twins have near the power as a RS101 Twin.......... Most of the 90 class Twins are 80 Engine Powered or VAC 91 Powered. They are Turning less prop pitch that your RS101 Powered Single..... Dont be Skeert...........

Here Kitty Kitty........
Meeeeoooww
Welcome to ........"THE OCTAGON in RIVERVIEW " better bring two body boxes for your boats brother ..it's gonna hurt BAD !!!!!

9blshh.jpg

LOL MAN I NEED ONE OF THEM FULL SIZE FOR MY WALL AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN IS THAT GOOD STUFF.

sure is alot of cats running around these parts.. bout time to change the kitty litter.. never did like cats

chris

LOL MAN I NEED ONE OF THEM FULL SIZE FOR MY WALL AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN IS THAT GOOD STUFF.

sure is alot of cats running around these parts.. bout time to change the kitty litter.. never did like cats

chris
Drive it Like you STOLE IT!!!!!!

Don, Its the WATER issue. The Bridge award can be given for the best twin in the Twin class. I was racing when John Bridge was running. During that time and really up to about the last 5-7 years twins would not finish and there were vary few of them and the award help stimulate growth of twins. NOW with 5 twins and one single F-hydro in the same race the single has no chance due to the WATER. BTW there has not been a Nats for about 5 yrs so I not sure about the significance of the argument that has been presented. Also I think there are several folks who can afford a single f and not a twin. Doc
Again Doc, the John Bridge trophy is for the BEST PERFORMING TWIN in F CLASS. As it appears in our IMPBA rulebook-

John Bridge Trophy

Trophy to be awarded to the individual having the best total score with a multi-engine Hydro in F

class, US-1 competition (1/16 mile Straightaway and Oval time trials, and heat racing). This would

be a traveling trophy.

So do you want to re-write that part of the rulebook as well? And "up to about the last 5-7 years twins would not finish". Seriously? Wow, that really makes me wish I could have gone to the Nats for the 10 year stretch I missed starting in 2000 as my twins didn't seem to have that "problem". And lastly to imply that the water doesn't get screwed up with only single F boats running is a bit of a stretch. I've run F class for many years and a full heat of singles does a pretty good job shredding the water. Here's a thought- instead of expending the energy trying to convince us to change the rules for a class that works just fine, why don't you use it more productively by encouraging the larger race events to offer the single F specialty class like Charleston has done. Or you could just run E hydro which is just as fast and no twins! There ya go, like Julian said PROBLEM SOLVED! LOL!!!
Don having a seperate single FX class will have no affect on the Bridge award. Those that race twins in F-hydro can still get the Bridge award. NO ISSUE. I personally think the award should be the best twin, f-hydro or twin class. Do you know why the award was for twin in F-hydro? I know I don't know for sure, but there was no twin class at the time of the award, twins at that time were horrible in reliability and the trophy was a means to increase twins in f- hydro. BTW I think the twins maxed out with 60's at that time. SOOOOOOOOOOO the present Bridge award is not in jeapordy or altered by a seperate single f-hydro class. In fact the twins in f-hydro could really race by not having the singles get in the way.

John Bridge Trophy

be a traveling trophy.

Don having a seperate single FX class will have no affect on the Bridge award. Those that race twins in F-hydro can still get the Bridge award. NO ISSUE. I personally think the award should be the best twin, f-hydro or twin class. Do you know why the award was for twin in F-hydro? I know I don't know for sure, but there was no twin class at the time of the award, twins at that time were horrible in reliability and the trophy was a means to increase twins in f- hydro. BTW I think the twins maxed out with 60's at that time. SOOOOOOOOOOO the present Bridge award is not in jeapordy or altered by a seperate single f-hydro class. In fact the twins in f-hydro could really race by not having the singles get in the way.

we know the and we are aware that the John Bridge award wont be affected thats a fact. but to touch on the last sentence you stated is not the fact that single engine hydro's are in the way of the Twin Hydro's while racing that statement is not true and thats not the right attitude to have specially coming from you which proves my point in why they should leave everything the way it is and race together like a class. is the fact that there's a class and a engine displacement whoever chooses to build a Twin or a single rigger should race with the class Period. like i said before a true competitor and racer would race with any type of boat in the class regardless if its a twin or a single as long as they meet the engine displacement on the IMPBA rule book.

Julian

Those that race twins in F-hydro can still get the Bridge award. NO ISSUE.
Ok we've now gone 360 back around to your original post-

Single f-hydro has always been the premier class. When twins started to run in the class it made the water conditions such that single F boats could not effectively compete. The twins NOW have their seperate class which is great since I ALSO RUN TWIN. I THINK IT IS NOW TIME TO RESTRICT F-HYDEO TO 1.25 cc. Single F-hydro had great racing and inovations in motor , boats pipes and props. The US-1 that I won was with a K-90 in a Crapshooter. With the motors, pipes and props that we have now the heat racing speeds with a single f-hydro could easily reach 90-100 heat racing. Is it time for a proposal to restrict f-hydro to 1.25???????????? Doc

So now you are agreeing that if anything run a SEPARATE single F class as opposed to RESTRICTING it like your original post?????????

And BTW we all missed you how you wrote 1.25cc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Bridge Trophy

be a traveling trophy.

we know the and we are aware that the John Bridge award wont be affected thats a fact. but to touch on the last sentence you stated is not the fact that single engine hydro's are in the way of the Twin Hydro's while racing that statement is not true and thats not the right attitude to have specially coming from you which proves my point in why they should leave everything the way it is and race together like a class. is the fact that there's a class and a engine displacement whoever chooses to build a Twin or a single rigger should race with the class Period. like i said before a true competitor and racer would race with any type of boat in the class regardless if its a twin or a single as long as they meet the engine displacement on the IMPBA rule book.

Julian
Julian Julian Julian are you really saying I am not a competitor. Such a statement will never promote your ideas. Actually by having a seperate Fx class the competiton will actual get more intense and better quality racing for the singles and the twins in f-hydro can really race other twins. Again the singles can run in f-hydro just as twins can. You need to come to my house some day and see what is in my shop interms of boat and motor inventory and the trophies I decided to keep. So to imply I am not a competitor because of trying to promote single f-hydro is a misconception.Besides you need to be kind to your elders!!!!!!!!!!!

Those that race twins in F-hydro can still get the Bridge award. NO ISSUE.
Ok we've now gone 360 back around to your original post-

Single f-hydro has always been the premier class. When twins started to run in the class it made the water conditions such that single F boats could not effectively compete. The twins NOW have their seperate class which is great since I ALSO RUN TWIN. I THINK IT IS NOW TIME TO RESTRICT F-HYDEO TO 1.25 cc. Single F-hydro had great racing and inovations in motor , boats pipes and props. The US-1 that I won was with a K-90 in a Crapshooter. With the motors, pipes and props that we have now the heat racing speeds with a single f-hydro could easily reach 90-100 heat racing. Is it time for a proposal to restrict f-hydro to 1.25???????????? Doc

So now you are agreeing that if anything run a SEPARATE single F class as opposed to RESTRICTING it like your original post?????????

And BTW we all missed you how you wrote 1.25cc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes Don. Seperate single f-hydro class 1.25 cc............ FX.

John Bridge Trophy

be a traveling trophy.

Julian
Julian Julian Julian are you really saying I am not a competitor. Such a statement will never promote your ideas. Actually by having a seperate Fx class the competiton will actual get more intense and better quality racing for the singles and the twins in f-hydro can really race other twins. Again the singles can run in f-hydro just as twins can. You need to come to my house some day and see what is in my shop interms of boat and motor inventory and the trophies I decided to keep. So to imply I am not a competitor because of trying to promote single f-hydro is a misconception.Besides you need to be kind to your elders!!!!!!!!!!!

no no no im not saying thats you in general a competitor will race singles, twins ect. lol. please don't get offended what i meant basically is theres a class already, engine displacement run the class as is. To propose to limit F Hydro is a big mistake

but hey its toy boats

if every single F hydro boat wants to run the single class and not the traditional F Hydro what do you think about that Doc ?

would the numbers in the F Hydro class go down ?

how do we keep people interested in the Traditional F Hydro class If the singles don't run it and theres only Twins ?

your single F Hydro is capable of running with Twin F Hydro's why suddenly the change your single boat ran extremely fast in Huntsville and you have a 101RS in it ?

just like the have a Twin Shootout should we have a F Hydro Shootout to see who is the best ??

Doc

As I see it the twins have the lime lite right now as the premier class.

What would the F/X single do to there status?

Image is every thing to some.

As far as running both F/X and F/X single I my self would run both.

Heck I want to double dip too.

David

i am just curious.. i see alot of people talking about f hydro or x hydro as the premier class.. i used to run f and got tired of racing twins with a single engine boat.. so i went to 60 class.

why don't we just make the engine size UNLIMITED for this class.. instead of have a max displacement? just curious.. at some point someone somewhere they will make something larger than a 101.. i would think that at least doing this would promote the class even more..

hey if you want to build a triple 101 GO FOR IT.. it may not work leave the beach or even run but the guy or gal tried.. may get people more fired up about hydro racing in general.

just my thoughts comming from the cheap seats

i am just curious.. i see alot of people talking about f hydro or x hydro as the premier class.. i used to run f and got tired of racing twins with a single engine boat.. so i went to 60 class.

why don't we just make the engine size UNLIMITED for this class.. instead of have a max displacement? just curious.. at some point someone somewhere they will make something larger than a 101.. i would think that at least doing this would promote the class even more..

hey if you want to build a triple 101 GO FOR IT.. it may not work leave the beach or even run but the guy or gal tried.. may get people more fired up about hydro racing in general.

That would make our insurance underwriters very unhappy........................... :ph34r:

OK PEOPLE...now that i started this whole ordeal, we finally came to a conclusion..we keep things how they are(F/X hydro and TWIN)..and let the club decide

to run the specialty class(X/F single)..just like it was done at the last Fall Nats..by the way that race had like 360plus boats and we still finished early, so this class did NOT delay the race what so ever...see ya all the the winternats!! Oh and Don you should have joined us here in florida

Maybe next year??

Doc's proposal is not to create a new rule. I think a rule change to lower the F displacement would stimulate those that like twins into building twin 45s. A twin 45 Novarossi sounds very interesting to me.

Well we have a twin hydro class for that and we currently use the biggest engines at the moment. Changing the rules F Hydro to unlimited engines would not be a good thing. Basically then there's no point to race Twin hydro class we would fall under F hydro.

Back