Silent Boater

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry T

Joe passed away in the evening of August 15.

He was found in his home – cause of death has not been determined.

Joe was the President of the Marquette RC Boat Club for many years and a very good friend and racing buddy.

I was at his house last week and he was fine, he was planning on racing at Mendota this weekend.

Funeral arrangements by the Hills Funeral Home,

10201 S. Roberts Road, Palos Hills (www.hillsfh.com)

Visitation is Tuesday evening 3-9pm and funeral to be held the next day.

Joe was a very dedicated boater and a good friend to many

His dedication to this hobby was relentless ,he will be missed by many

RIP

Mike

Godspeed Joe we missed ya this weekend. We put all the Sport40 boats out at once in his honor

To our friend Joe, as has been said we really miss you have many personal memories racing with you. The sport 40 regatta was special. Rest in peace and my prayers for his family at this difficult time.

Wallster

Joe, a Eulogy

R.I.P buddy, I miss you.......all the long telephone conversations, you were the first guy i met in this crazy hobby that i thought was a true friend, from the first time i met you many years ago before anyone knew me as big al the racer you opened up and were so glad to give advice on RC boating... I served as secretary with Joe and the Marquette Club for a short while! that is why i looked forward to racing with Joe not against Joe! Yes, we had many little altercations through the years but it was no ones fault when it came to Joe, because, he believed we are all at fault and we are all winners and In fact, at the end of our memorial, i heard someone say that was not a race because "with Joe we are all winners!"

I have been in shock for this whole weekend and when i accidentally won the third heat in Sport 40 the first thing i said and i know you (Joe) heard it, was that was for you Joe! (being happy and Jerk up at the same time* i know my pit master Gooy heard it too)

Joe was always so polite, the first to apologize if he was nearly in the wrong!

The Memorial mill with all 12 Sport 40's at the Minute breaker's race was probably the best thing i have ever participated in, it was Awesome! My God you will be missed Joe... Our prayers go out to his family :(

Sincerely

Al Archer

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not know joe for very long as this is my first year racing, But the time I did spend with him I knew he truly loved this sport. Joe was my pit guy for thunderboat my first three race events,he was great we had a blast, remembering one race wewhere laughing so much we had no idea what lap we were on .He helped me to not feel like a stranger ,gave great advice and would help when needed. My mentor for sure.Thank you Joe

Joe will be missed by all. Joe and I had some of the best races in sport 40 that you would have ever seen. The best race we had was when we came across the finish line at the same time and we both looked at the judges stand and they called it a tie. We would laugh about this at every race. To my racing buddy and a very good friend Joe. Let her RIP Joe. Ken Stang

Back