Shaft saver slipped, shredded the stuffing tube.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,

Are you sure .187" is overkill?

You may want to think twice about that?

Interesting Concept,

Mark Sholund

Aeromarine makes square ended shafts and collets in 187 and 250 as well. I have the 250 in two of my boats, square end at the engine and silver-soldered to a ferrule at the strut that is set screwed to a 187 stub shaft. After one season with that set-up, haven't any problems with them

Last edited by a moderator:
Lose that teflon tube , go all brass , tighten the balls out of the shaft and it wont come out . Check it every run . Done .
I was going to ask if I should use a teflon tube. I have one in there now. What is the reason to use or not use one?

If I'm running a 3/16" shaft, what size tube should I buy?

Lose that teflon tube , go all brass , tighten the balls out of the shaft and it wont come out . Check it every run . Done .
I was going to ask if I should use a teflon tube. I have one in there now. What is the reason to use or not use one?

DON'T use a 3/16" shaft ...period . 1/4 shaft , 5/16 outer tube into strut , 11/32" stuffing box into hull .

DON'T use a 3/16" shaft ...period . 1/4 shaft , 5/16 outer tube into strut , 11/32" stuffing box into hull .
Hi Tom,

Do you always tin the flex shaft with silver solder?

Thanks, John

Hi Tom,

Do you always tin the flex shaft with silver solder?

Thanks, John
Funny , I used to do it all the time with no bad results and then i got lazy and the last 2 sets for the twin i have not tinned and also had great results . I honestly don't think it matters .

guys sean is running a 39'' mono with a cmb 45rs and he had a shaft saver on the 3/16 shafts , sean all you need is the 3ft length of 3/16th and 1/4'' tubeing the 3/16 is to make bushing with

Last edited by a moderator:
Back