Servos for JAE 12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Welsh

I have a spare HS 81 and HS 85. Would it be safe to run the HS 85 on the rudder?

What is everyone else using?

Thanks,

John

I have a spare HS 81 and HS 85. Would it be safe to run the HS 85 on the rudder?

What is everyone else using?

Thanks,

John
Not a good idea.....the 81/85's are light for the rudder.....we have been using the HS-225BB for the rudder with great success.

What about this servo for the rudder.I have two new ones.I would be using 6V.

Futaba 3102.

Speed: .25 sec/60° @ 4.8V

.20 sec/60° @ 6V

Torque: 51 oz-in (3.7 kg/cm) @ 4.8V

64 oz-in (4.6 kg/cm) @ 6V

Dimensions: 1.1 x 0.5 x 1.2" (28 x 13 x 30mm)

Weight: .74oz (21g)

The hi-tec hs 81 or 82 on the throttle , and the hi-tec mighty mini 225 is awesome for the rudder.

You can find these anywhere online, but help out your local shop if you can.

-Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hobbyking has some great prices . I tried speed controls and lipo's from this site, all perform well.

If you do not alrrady have something your trying to use then go with the HS 85 for TH an 3RD channel if using one and the HS 225 fo steering as per instructions.

Guys These guys know what they are doing when it comes to these boats and the suggestions in the manual and on here are taking cost , reliability and performance in mind.

Buy what they say if possible.

It's hard to beat futaba and hitec and i do not know about jr

Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time trusting a $6.00 servo. For my more expensive and faster boats, I run Futabas with metal gears.

While a $6.00 servo may be cheap to replace, what happens to your boat when it fails? Fail safes are useless when the servo is not working.

And I always support my local hobby shops, they can usually meet Tower's prices.

I almost made the same comment on the servo's becuase I am not one to cheap out on servo's they take a lot of abuse in these boats (the way i drive)lol...

I would go with a good brand and be done with it.I like to stay with stuff that is iterchangeable like futaba and hitec.

Terry

Do either of the Hitec servos come with servo horns when purchased new? If not, what servo horns do you guys recommend?

Back