SAW tunnel record team effort

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still accepting help for the record attempts in the outboard tunnel and hydro. Looking for engines, hulls, props, tuned pipes and drivers. Parts can be loaned or given. All ideas are welcome

I got some ideas Bob...if only we had more SAW meets over here
default_sad.png

The first hydro is almost ready. It is a highly modified 45 Eagle SG with a K&B .45 (8702) with the lower unit fixed and the power head turned around so the carb and exhaust face forward. It will steer by a separate rudder assembly. The target speed is 100mph

I would not think the ski would be legal if it is lower than the sponsons like that pic shows. IMPBA rules for tunnel states two sponsons/ keelsons separated by a tunnel. If that were legal then a Mod-VP could not be disqualified either.

I hope to test a 45 SAW tunnel on Sunday. It will be an 8702 K&B mounted on a K&B .21 lower unit

Got to the pond a little late, but I got to run the Nova .21 tunnel and the LeeCraft XT460 tunnel. I have a Novarossi 35plus21 with an Equi pipe. This motor will pull just about any prop I put on it. The best prop seemed to be a LaFleur T101. The LeeCraft is powered by a K&B .67 with stock exhaust. I didn't run this much because it is such a monster. I didn't bother to take the 45 SAW tunnel this time, but will concentrate on it next time

Thought that most people put a hot .21 on a .45 lower? That's thinking outside the box to put a .45 on a .21 lower.

Hey Bob. I habr never had much luck with the T101 I got years ago (from you actually). Is there a secret to stop them throwing the rear around violently?

I can only think of one thing in common with all the boats that liked this prop. They all had a straight transom, no inset or set back. If you want to get rid of that prop, let me know.

Can't wait to see your work in person. Valdosta here I come! Hey, that pipe looks familar
default_smile.png

Can't wait to see your work in person. Valdosta here I come! Hey, that pipe looks familar
default_smile.png
Scott, are you coming to Valdosta? That would be great.

GQ
Yep, I plan on coming down. Due to working 6th and 7th, I'll be there late Monday night. Will be there the rest of the week. It will be my first attempt at speed records. Doubt my boats will be close, but one never knows. Bob has stated he will allow me the pleasure of running his boats at attempts. What a great man!

Back