Roadrunner extreme sponson question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracerbob

I have an opportunity to run this sponson set on my RR21. Any suggestions? Tub is a standard 3 inch wide (inside measurement) version.

I have an opportunity to run this sponson set on my RR21. Any suggestions? Tub is a standard 3 inch wide (inside measurement) version.
Robert the xtreme sponsons would work best on the boat it was intended for. The xtreme was a much lighter boat with a minium of strut weight, Ralph built many different versions of Xtreme tubs & front sponsons & rear sponsons. Some had the tubes moved in the front sponsons Some had short after planes on the sponsons & all of it affects strut weight. Are you trying to put xtreme sponsons on a std tub?

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe,

I have a set of extreme front sponsons I was going to try on a standard tub. I don't have the rears yet. So before I buy a set of rears, I thought I would get some advice on the subject. My standard 20RR front sponsons suffered major damage in open water at the Springnats (note to self, never run open water). I may just get a set of ultralight front and rears instead and put the extreme front sponsons up for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, I have a set of extreme front sponsons I was going to try on a standard tub. I don't have the rears yet. So before I buy a set of rears, I thought I would get some advice on the subject. My standard 20RR front sponsons suffered major damage in open water at the Springnats (note to self, never run open water). I may just get a set of ultralight front and rears instead and put the extreme front sponsons up for sale.
I would buy the U/L sponsons. Its not Hard to upset a set up on a 20 hydro with too much or too little strut weight.

Back