radio box help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerp

planning on building a brushless TS2 i have a quick question about the radio box

should i build a new radio box to enclose my lipo battery pack or should i just mount the lipo on hook and loop tape under the cowl??

and just use the original radio box for the r/c gear

your help would be great

thanks

If your Lipos get wet , and they will , the spacers get wet and wont dry , and tabs may corrode.

go here for what others have done.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6072870/.../tm.htm#6072870

planning on building a brushless TS2 i have a quick question about the radio box
should i build a new radio box to enclose my lipo battery pack or should i just mount the lipo on hook and loop tape under the cowl??

your help would be great

thanks

your help would be great

thanks
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the boat or the size of LIPO you are using. From the FE Nats, I could see that we 1/10 scale Unlimited guys do things differently. We don't put our batteries in boxes or do anything elaborate to seal the boats. We do seal the batteries with tool dip. The stuff you buy at the hardware store for putting on tool handles. Rather than dip the battery, just use a throw away paint brush to work the stuff ino the openings at either end and around the wires. Two coats does the job. Velcro in one side to mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the boat or the size of LIPO you are using. From the FE Nats, I could see that we 1/10 scale Unlimited guys do things differently. We don't put our batteries in boxes or do anything elaborate to seal the boats. We do seal the batteries with tool dip. The stuff you buy at the hardware store for putting on tool handles. Rather than dip the battery, just use a throw away paint brush to work the stuff ino the openings at either end and around the wires. Two coats does the job. Velcro in one side to mount.

thanks ron that is a god idea

iwill goto my local hardware and pick up some tool dip

thanks roger

I wish you good luck useing the tool dip method. I tool dip my RX and RX battery.

Monos , hydros , 10th scales seal the the lipos inside the hull with the other equipment . With the TS2 your lipos will only covered by a thin fiberglass cowl that would be difficult to seal. Its not attached well either. In a blow over the cowl often comes off.

At the last race , my TS2 spun out in front of another tunnel. It was T boned by a pickle fork the went through the cowling and punched a hole in the radio box where the Lipos were mounted. The plywood radio box saved a $250 lipo from being damaged or sunk. The force tore off the cowling .( be sure you glue foam flotation to the the cowl) I probably would have lost the lipo if it weren't secure in the radio box. I'm sure lipos dont float.

You ought to think about it . :)

Dick

No need for the tool dip.

If lipos get wet....just dry them out. As long as the packs have open shrink on them.... I just let them sit in the sun for a bit.

I've taken apart packs that have been dunked before (a considerable time after being wet) and did not see any major corrosion or damage.

As a matter of fact if they do get wet the tool dip will just keep the moisture in the packs. It is not easy to water proof a lipo pack 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back