• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

"Race Prepped" Pro Boat Miss Formula Nitro w/ Modified .18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

I just don't have the time or resources to pursue multiple power types, so I'm going to stick with FE. I just don't get out and practice enough to get this whole Nitro-Tuning thing down. ;)

This is an almost new Pro Boat Miss Formula that I prepped to race in D8's "18 RTR/Mod" class. It's in excellent condition, and has very little time on it.

I modified the driveline to get rid of the dinky 3mm driveshaft. Strut was bored and 1/4" x 3/16" ID Lead Teflon bushings were installed. It uses the original flex-shaft with the aft end opened up to 3/16" to fit over the 3/16" to 1/8" stepped down Octura stub shaft. This is a VAST improvement over the stock setup. It runs with condsiderably less drag now and is 100% more reliable.

Turn fin and turn fin mounting area have been modified and much improved.

Flywheel was replaced with an aluminum piece from AquaCraft, as was the coupler.

Cowling was modified to allow easy on/off access using body pins at a single point. Original mounting studs were retained a as a backup/fall back.

Motor was modified using a Dynamite .18 RE 7-Port sleeve and piston.

http://www.horizonho...s-18re-DYNP5534

Original "Tiger-Drive" backplate assembly was removed and replaced with a standard backplate:

http://www.horizonho...2-18re-DYNP5514

Crank was modified with some "turbo-porting" and a "wedge" and the fuel port.

Hull is in excellent condition, has never been wrecked, and just has one small surface crack on the left side of the afterplane side, which has, of course, been CA'd.

Shipped with the original box, and I think the original, unused, 27mHz factory TX is also in there. Original wing has been removed to save weight, but is safely wrapped up in the box as well.

$185.00 shipped in the USA.

PayPal preferred. PM me for payment details if you are interested.

New Price... $175.00 shipped in the USA... It's all boxed up and ready to ship... Come on guys... I need to clear the space in teh garage! :D

Latest posts

Back