Quad Counties R/C Boat Club Presents "Summer Splash" July 18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow

This is turning to **** in a hurry.Mike You don;t understand The race on Sunday has nogthing to do with the Sat.Race.I would stay in a hotel for one night than drive all the way back the next weekend to race.Hell we are all ready there lets race both days.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Weekend after is good too. Little more planning time
default_smile.png

I can see every one has their own Ideas of what the race date should be. Like many of you, even though we only made it to Mt. Vernon. Dave and I paid for a room we didn't use. We also drove his truck to Mt. Vernon, and Back. We all know we can not control mother nature. I am sure from the names I see that some people are in a points battle. But again, you guys may be debating all of this over nothing as both races could be rained out. The best thing to do here is pick a date and be done with it. As much as I want everyone to make the race, and make the wine race. This wont be possible. I am not going to give the dates I can not make. I am already entered in the wine race. So you already know I can make that. But I respectfully request that you make a decision as soon as possible so that I can try to plan around it.

Thanks,

Ken

Points should not be as important as convenience, school is starting back and turnouts will be what they will be,racing is supposed to be fun,everyone is just trying to help out with the long travel being made by so many,I'm down with whatever anybody decides,if people can't make it/it won't change anything but for the points guys!

Dave (Roach), I understand what your saying ,but on the other hand you and all the people who are pushing this registered for both races when they were 2 weeks apart. Last year when I was president of Quad Counties I was confronted with the exact same situation Rocky has now. I chose to cancel that race on Thursday. No one lost money, time, or had to travel needlessly. I then found an open weekend and we had our race. I'm not trying to start **** but just made a simple request.

Kenny, The Wine Run is August 1st That's not changing.

Dave Swisher, Get a CD license and organize a race. See how convenient that is for you.

I know what they meant. I mean that if people want to travel here to race for 2 days, Quad Counties should consider putting on a 2 day race on another weekend. Not moving the Wine Run. Better yet, they can put both their races on one weekend. Double points, without involving us in any way. Also if you travel here to race Saturday and break something, you're done for Sunday. Please don't involve us and let this go before it goes downhill.
Wow....
WOW is right....

Well having both races on the same weekend is good for the out of towners but consider the guys that put on the races doing all the work and trying to race two races same weekend, good point to not have the two races same weekend.

Same Club host both of these races?? Seems like yall should have a club meeting and decide what to do instead of arguing on here. Obviously you guys will not have trouble drawing a crowd as both races hit the boat limit.

Same Club host both of these races?? Seems like yall should have a club meeting and decide what to do instead of arguing on here. Obviously you guys will not have trouble drawing a crowd as both races hit the boat limit.
Southern Indiana Prop Nuts host the Huber race.
Quad Counties Host Summer Splash race.

Both clubs less then 20 minutes from each other.

I can see why Mike doesn't want it during the Wine run.

Just change the date to later, but make a decision soon.

A even better idea is move it to Sept 27 and have a double points weekend. One race on Saturday. One race on Sunday.

Rocky Farmer and the rest of the quad counties club I wish you the best of luck with your race and hope you get it rescheduled. I was really hoping to get to go this weekend but as stated earlier I had prior commitments... Hopefully We can come on the date you decide on! Sorry to see your post get hijacked by another club telling you when your club should have your race.... I now have my popcorn ready carry on boys!!

Ok after a day and a half of watching this posting, telephone calls, emails and text the decision has been made that Quad Counties R/C Boat club will make up its Summer Splash race on August 2, 2015. Drivers meeting at 8:30 am, racing to begin as soon as possible after the drivers meeting. We know that we cant please everyone all the time but we hope to see everyone there that can make it. We are still providing lunch. Also we are dropping registration fees to 15.00 for first boat and 10.00 for every additional boat to say thanks for hanging with us. You can register here again. AGAIN THANKS EVERYONE!!

Back