Prop for a Roadrunner 60

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007clint

What are some good prop tries for a Roadrunner 60 (Picco 67)?

What about the X-series Octura props (X447, X450, X455, X462, etc)?

What about the Y-series or M-series?

It is SO CONFUSING!

Does someone have a link to a good explanation about these?

Last edited:
Don - The previous owner threw in a 1465. I was just interested in doing some prop testing using my Eagletree rpm and gps mph data recorder system. I also won a selection of props from the same owner that is in the mail but I wanted to assemble a comprehensive selection to test.

Don - The previous owner threw in a 1465. I was just interested in doing some prop testing using my Eagletree rpm and gps mph data recorder system. I also won a selection of props from the same owner that is in the mail but I wanted to assemble a comprehensive selection to test.
Well that boat ran well back when Steve raced it. Start with that prop as a benchmark. A 1662 would be another one to try. H32 & H38 also but they are 1/4" bore so you will need different shaft made up for those.

Get a couple small pieces of K&S tubing to make a bushing and go with the ABC H-32. Very fast and predictable prop.

Get a couple small pieces of K&S tubing to make a bushing and go with the ABC H-32. Very fast and predictable prop.
Great idea about the "prop shaft bushing". That will make it a lot better for testing different props without throwing in the need to change driveshafts!

Great idea about the "prop shaft bushing". That will make it a lot better for testing different props without throwing in the need to change driveshafts!
Spend the $25-$30 & make another shaft if you decide on a 1/4" bore prop like an H32. I've seen people using the larger bore props with bushing on the smaller step shaft break them off at the drive dog step down to 3/16". Plus the smaller 3/16" drive dog exposes the blunt leading edge of the 1/4" sized hub of the prop disturbing the flow into leading edge of the prop. Using a bushing should be fine for just testing. ;)

Clint,

H-30 is just like the H-32, just a different bore hub. I would run a H-32 and a 1/4"

driveline if it was my boat.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Clint,
H-30 is just like the H-32, just a different bore hub. I would run a H-32 and a 1/4"

driveline if it was my boat.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund
No Doubt the 1662 was the Best prop for the Ultralight 67 With it set up to mfg specs. If you run the H32 it has more ability to lift compared to the 1662 & you will have to loosen the front sponsons up for Max Speed.

Clint, I run both the H-30 and the H-32 on mine. H667 is hard to be consistent with but very fast.. I may have some 1660 and 62's but seemed to settle on the H-30.

Kelly

Latest posts

Back