Possible 67 Novarossi Outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HTB Boats has a boat that is a little bit larger than the 40 that would hold a .67. I know I would be in for a couple.

I have a pair of Golden and true Aerotech's and 1 Hopper >

All else fail's I will get in contact with Shane and get a Vision , ....

Ron Let me Know sir ......... Top~Fuel Love it

Rick R > Trick R/C

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great guys. Testing will start soon. I will start a new thread with updates once we get a couple of them in the water. Stay tuned!!!!!

Ron,

I think that this would be a great option for outboard world. As you know I'm a hydro guy but I'm going to try to help out the outboard guys as well. I'm working on a new tunnel boat design and im going to make a pto for the new .67 to fit the lawless lower unit as soon as I get mine in the mail to start testing. We need more support from everyone to keep the outboard classes going. Novarossi has done a great job with this as the .21 and .46 have been a great success and i know the .67 would be no different. I look forward to doing my part in this to help keep this all going. New designs and new power heads means new records being broken. Maybe this is what is needed to wake everyone up. Just my opinion, I'm here to help.

Dale Jr.

Dale what are the chances of making a pto for the nr 91 ?

Thanks Shane
Shane it won't be a problem as the pto will be the same except the OD will be bigger on the housing where it slides into the case and the driven part of the pto will be slightly larger do to the difference in stroke other than that it will be the same.

Dale jr.

Dale,

Thanks for the post. I am hopeful we can garner enough support from the tunnel guys as well to help get this class going again. I also appreciate your willingness to help out with parts until we get through the initial 67 release and start down this path.

Thanks Shane
I second that
default_smile.png

Dale,

Thanks for the post. I am hopeful we can garner enough support from the tunnel guys as well to help get this class going again. I also appreciate your willingness to help out with parts until we get through the initial 67 release and start down this path.
Not a problem Ron as I want to see the outboard classes continue running and progressing. I can make PTO'S for the .91 also I would just need an engine to get the measurements off of. If there's anything you can think of I could help with just let me know.

Thanks Dale

If it will help, I have been working with Savannah Tech to design some things for them to make, so the students can have some real hands on experience with r/c boating. The department head drove my .21 tunnel with the new crankshaft they made for the 14mm Novarossi outboard powerheads

Thanks Shane
I second that
default_smile.png
Ok so that's two, anybody else want a pto for the .91 or .67? I need to get an idea of how many to make.Thanks,Dale
Dale,Pending the factory OB, I would like to start testing. You can put me down for one of each. The K&B 11cc PTO is very very close. I would suggest using the hole pattern the same as the 46 except the holes need to be tapped to 8/32. There should be just enough room for a tapped hole beside of the recessed holes that mount the PTO to both engines. Next we will need a flywheel and a way to mount it to the 8mm crank. I think a collet and a recessed cap screw with female threads for the 8mm crank would work great for now, unless you have some ideas. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do the flywheels like the ones Otto had made , they where a flywheel that threads on.

Those had trouble staying on sometimes Shane. The collet and cap screw similiar to the 45 k&b pro engine would hold better.

My hornet that won d tunnel had one on it. As long as you use the washer between the flywheel and crank it seems to work perfect .whatever it takes to make the nr 91 a outboard.

My hornet that won d tunnel had one on it. As long as you use the washer between the flywheel and crank it seems to work perfect .whatever it takes to make the nr 91 a outboard.
Good point. Thanks Shane.

Latest posts

Back