Renewed Talks about a 67 Novarossi Outboard Engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those big block engines carry a tunnel boat through the turns like an animal and with all that available torque, they make trimming a boat a snap. A very exciting class to drive. Be careful on the start though, they will come out of the corner and be on the line before you know it.

Ron I'd be interested in one as well, maybe 2. Keep me posted on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great feedback and interest in the engine guys. Novarossi IT monitors this site and places customer comments in high regard. I am in active talks with them and will update you soon. If they decide to move forward, it would require them to take the existing 67DD engine, replace the inboard PTO with an outboard PTO/mounting plate/PTO shaft, and extend the crankshaft threads to accomodate a starter cone, and add the collet/cone/nut. It will be a major tooling and design investment for the PTO housing, PTO shaft, and new crankshaft. I have given them an initial order estimate in response to the feedback here and directly and will be in touch soon. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be great speacially to add more setups for E/F tunnels. I see more boats getting build if it happens

id be up for one Ron. I could probably talk Don Gilbert into one as well. the .46 runs awesome

id be up for one Ron. I could probably talk Don Gilbert into one as well. the .46 runs awesome
Thanks Gabe. Glad Don is interested too. I may need your help. Since the clearances are so close do you see a problem with making the PTO with threaded holes? Then it would only require drilling out the four existing threaded holes where the 46 PTO mounts now to the lower and you woukd come up through the bottom of the lower with a longer 6/32 screw (like the old K&B 67 mounts), and instead of screwing directly into the case you would screw into the threaded holes on the PTO. What are your thoughts about that?

I dont see that being a big issue Ron, its definitely doable in my opinion. I know Kevin Lee has played with converting these as well and may be able to chime in. I cant think of any reason that wouldn't be feasible though, aside from the lower unit being drilled. if you needed to use the lower for another engine, you could always use longer screws with nuts on the bottom side. Let her rip tater chip!

~ Gabe

I dont see that being a big issue Ron, its definitely doable in my opinion. I know Kevin Lee has played with converting these as well and may be able to chime in. I cant think of any reason that wouldn't be feasible though, aside from the lower unit being drilled. if you needed to use the lower for another engine, you could always use longer screws with nuts on the bottom side. Let her rip tater chip!

~ Gabe
That's secret monkey stuff. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh don't let the secret out. Lol

Latest posts

Back