Piper Chuck?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He must be a very busy man. I'm still waiting to complete the transaction for the PT SS45 I'm buying from him. Dick has already sent me the lost cowl for the boat but its kinda hard to run the cowl without a boat under it.

Hope all is well with him, not that he's hurt or something. Anybody know?

Wally

I have called him and left a message and sent him an e mail. No resposne to either yet. I have no idea of what is going on.

I purchased 2 pipes from him. He contacted me thru email this week and the pipes showed up yesterday. It took quite awhile but he made good on the deal.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel PM'ed me and I wasn't much help either as all that I had was the same e-mail address that he had. Chuck and I have never talked in person, I just worked with him on RCU. He just faded into the sunset after he left the Mod job.

Trying to contact him now on Yahoo! IM.

I thank everyone for their help on this. I still have not heard anything from him, but it is definitely good news to hear that he did contact Chris, so maybe he will be getting around to me some time soon.

I left him a message last night after posting here on his YIM account. It showed him online but he didn't reply to me.

Its been a LONG time since the last time I visited IW,But I have to stand up for Piper chuck. He was one of the first people I meet at Piedmont Triad Prop Twisters when I started racing R/C boats.Hes a man you can trust.Not sure about this deal,Really isn't any of my business either.But I can say if you can't trust Chuck you can't trust ANYONE ! Remember you just don't really know whats going on on the other side of the key board. Maybe toy boats aren't on the top of his priority list at the moment.

Hopefully some of the PTPT group or anyone who know Chuck will back me up on this

Ed.R

Its been a LONG time since the last time I visited IW,But I have to stand up for Piper chuck. He was one of the first people I meet at Piedmont Triad Prop Twisters when I started racing R/C boats.Hes a man you can trust.Not sure about this deal,Really isn't any of my business either.But I can say if you can't trust Chuck you can't trust ANYONE ! Remember you just don't really know whats going on on the other side of the key board. Maybe toy boats aren't on the top of his priority list at the moment.

Hopefully some of the PTPT group or anyone who know Chuck will back me up on this

Ed.R
This may be true, But he has taken the guys Money & Not Delivered for a Month ???????????? I/W has some Great Buyers, it is a shame someone like this abuses them........ Nowdays you Must be aware of anyone getting out of the hobby?? This screws it up for a lot of boaters, Buying & Selling

i've got to agree with ed, chuck was always a straightup & helpful man. he used to be our webmaster here in impba d-12. when he moved & changed jobs, he dropped out of sight. he posted at that time that the new job bore much more responsibility, & took up much more of his time. like don ferrette posted, we lost a good friend & boater to his new work. the part i don't like is his not responding, i'm concerned that it might be a health issue..... his contacting 1 person & completing the pipe deal helps those concerns. i sincerely believe he will honor his promises, he just ain't a rip off!! but, that being said, the time frame here kinda shocks/surprises me :unsure: .

hi ed,,,,long time....i do have to say this,,,,while like you said,,,maybe toy boats arent on the top of his list,,,,but,,,bussiness should be....these guys did pay for these things a long time ago....so far,,,i havnt seen any bashing in this thread,,,as we respect chuck,,,,but the point still stands.....goods were paid for a month or more ago,,,and they have received nothing,,,not even a email saying.,,hey im busy.....its really very rude no matter how you look at it...

now,,ive known you for some time ed.,,and have purchased off you on several occasions... no disrespect intended in the above post...

alden

No disrespect Alden, haven't talked to Chuck in a long time .so,I'm just adding my 2 cents to this before it gets out of hand. I will agree it is a long time to go without any product or even communications.

Ed

well was not going to say anything,but i bought a boat from him 2 years ago and put it on hold with him. boat was paid for and we spoke awhile back and told him i would meet up with him at new house and pick it up at his convenence. still have not heard back for him.life is busy for all of us and sometimes we take the small things for granted.hopefully for him and his family life and health is o.k.never meet him just spoke on phone and IW e-mails and all was well.hope this matter for all gets resolved. mike c. :)

I have kept an experience with Chuck private for a couple of years now. I had known Chuck for a few years from our club over here in Greensboro NC. He was a personal but peculiar fellow.

When he was laid off from IBM here in Raleigh, I would call him often to keep up with his job search. We were friends I thought. We talked often, looked for a club pond locally here in Raleigh, we would pit for one another at races. Again I thought we were friends.

He had received a job offer in Columbia SC. He then asked me to do a bunch of research on selling his home. I went out and did the comps, told him what was needed to market his home for top dollar and generally did all that was needed to facilitate listing his home. Well after all that, he dropped off the face of the world to me, would no longer return calls, nothing! He listed with another agent and I never did hear from him again. What a coward, scared to tell me anything that was transpiring while I drove all over and shared my valuable time and efforts.

I have made millions from running my own real estate company but also understand that he might have found someone to work with that he felt more comfortable with. Hey that's business. What ticks me was I thought we were friends, he just used me for the information and never would call back. I guess that he figured that this was not his backyard any longer so why not poop in it.

Chuck Piper is not a man of his word and is not to be trusted. I hope I never see him again and I doubt I will, he is a coward and like to hide from his responsibilities.

Daniel, Looks like he has taken avantage of you? maybe Don F needs a new check list for References for the boaters that are getting out & want to sell Everything quick & Piper Chuck sure screws it up for other boaters wanting to sell & expects others to trust them while the transaction is in process... Good luck with it, Sure was easy for him to use the forum to sale his stuff & piss all over the place while he was leaving... :eek:

I'm not sure what's going on with it Joe. Its strange that he got back online and sent Chris his pipes after a month of waiting but didn't send out the rest of the stuff. I have my doubts, but I am still hoping he comes through and I get the boat. If not I may be in the market for a used .40 hydro in good condition.

Guess I really don't know about chuck then

EdR
Ed, I'm having my doubts also. We were both Mod's in the boating forums on RC Universe for a few years but I really didn't get to know him that well. When you're in that kind of position on any RC boat forum site, people should have a lot of trust in you. The longer that this goes on, the less faith that I'm having in him also. I did send him a PM through RCU and requested a read receipt but haven't gotten one yet.

According to his profile on there, he was on the site on June 11th. http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?memid=112096&section=profile&forum=1

Daniel, Looks like he has taken avantage of you? maybe Don F needs a new check list for References for the boaters that are getting out & want to sell Everything quick & Piper Chuck sure screws it up for other boaters wanting to sell & expects others to trust them while the transaction is in process... Good luck with it, Sure was easy for him to use the forum to sale his stuff & piss all over the place while he was leaving... :eek:
Hey don't pin this shiznit on me, up until now everyone I knew who dealt with him had NO problems including myself. It does suck that this is going on but until Chuck speaks up all we can do is speculate, for Daniel and anyone else still waiting I hope things can get resolved and soon.

Hey don't pin this shiznit on me, up until now everyone I knew who dealt with him had NO problems including myself. It does suck that this is going on but until Chuck speaks up all we can do is speculate, for Daniel and anyone else still waiting I hope things can get resolved and soon.
:blink: :eek: :huh:

Latest posts

Back