Silent Engines......William "Bill" Coleman

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eekern

Hello All,
I searched and did not see any notice about Bill, so I thought I would take a few minutes.

The RC world lost a great one recently. Bill Coleman passed away back on March 23rd. I was unable to attend his visitation, so I thought I would pay my respects here.
I first met Bill in the late '80s. I was about 12 years old and there was a summer school program about Radio Control offered at UWL, the local WI university branch here in La Crosse. Bill was the teacher. I attended and was hooked ever since.

In the '90s, Bill was the president of the La Crosse RC Model boat club. With a huge personality, and as a former pro football player, he was larger than life, figuratively and literally.

Bill was a teacher by trade and it suited him. I have talked to many people over the years that had him as such, and to a person, they said he was one of the best/favorite teachers they ever had. He was an art teacher and artist himself who often brought 1/8th scale RC hydros and large reptiles to school. I doubt too many teachers ever did that!

I could go on and on about Bill. There are plenty of stories to share about him.
If you have one, I would would love to hear it. He always put a smile on my face.

My condolences to his wife, Sarah, and the rest of his family.

Godspeed Bill.

Very sad news. He was one of the nicest guys and a true host for model boat racing in Lacrosse. Good memories from Pettibone Island;
RIP

Sad to hear. I remember Bill very well. He really enjoyed 1/8th scale boats. I always enjoyed talking with him. Rest in peace Bill!

Steve Ball

I am very saddened.. I will post some pictures when i can.. he was a FANTASTIC guy. O man.. (thanks Eric for posting this)

I am very saddened.. I will post some pictures when i can.. he was a FANTASTIC guy. O man.. (thanks Eric for posting this)
That’s right….you did always walk around with a camera.

Please do! I would love to see them!

3.JPGLacrosse 2005 (5).JPG

Attachments

• Lacrosse 2005 (16).JPG
    Lacrosse 2005 (16).JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Lacrosse 2005 (18).JPG
    Lacrosse 2005 (18).JPG
    346.2 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the pictures Mike. I think I was at the event pictured. I remember those suspenders.

Bill next to Larry at the CWMBC spring race.. LOL, Larry might have one the race but Bill had him COVERED in the stair down look.. Man Bill laughed about that one.

Attachments

• 20230622_202027.jpg
    20230622_202027.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Hello All,
I searched and did not see any notice about Bill, so I thought I would take a few minutes.

The RC world lost a great one recently. Bill Coleman passed away back on March 23rd. I was unable to attend his visitation, so I thought I would pay my respects here.
I first met Bill in the late '80s. I was about 12 years old and there was a summer school program about Radio Control offered at UWL, the local WI university branch here in La Crosse. Bill was the teacher. I attended and was hooked ever since.

In the '90s, Bill was the president of the La Crosse RC Model boat club. With a huge personality, and as a former pro football player, he was larger than life, figuratively and literally.

Bill was a teacher by trade and it suited him. I have talked to many people over the years that had him as such, and to a person, they said he was one of the best/favorite teachers they ever had. He was an art teacher and artist himself who often brought 1/8th scale RC hydros and large reptiles to school. I doubt too many teachers ever did that!

I could go on and on about Bill. There are plenty of stories to share about him.
If you have one, I would would love to hear it. He always put a smile on my face.

My condolences to his wife, Sarah, and the rest of his family.

Godspeed Bill.
Thanks for posting ,we has a kewl dude!

Back