oil

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike

I am looking for an oil that will mix with glo fuel to be used as after run oil, the wd40 doesnt & the rislone & transmission fluid doesnt either, short of synthetic I dont know of any................

mike s

Huh? :huh: Why do you want it to "mix" with glow fuel? My personal after run blend (after flushing engine & water jacket with WD40) is 50% Marvel Air Tool oil & 50% 30 weight non detergent motor oil. Been using this for years with excellent results! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, Maybe I am too concerned over the nitro left in the engine, my theory was if it mixed it would help get it all out of the engine as the stuff is very corrosive........

Thanks again

Mike Shuttleworth

impba 3548

If you want something to actually run through the engine then just mix methanol with your oil. Runs like crap but lubes the engine and there's no nitro.

You know.. a few years ago i remember somebody offering a after run fuel.. I think Dynamite made this fuel..

As a matter of fact at the 1997 MBC race Marty Davis had to be using something like this.. After his race day he would re-fuel the boat, start it, let it run for about 3 minuets at a high idle and then clean the boat and put it away... weird.

I remember thinking.. that cant be off the shelf fuel.. it has to be an after run fuel.

Grim

I use hydraulic oil. It mixes with the fuel and so is not displaced off the bearings which happens with other so called after runs and it is also a lubricating oil and so there is no wear on the motor when its started with the oil still in the engine. Its a bit smoky but I never lost a bearing through corrosion in my motors since I used this stuff. Its sold over here (UK) as an after run by a model fuel company but its not difficult to buy anywhere.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

That was what I wanted to hear about the oil, we have dte 24, & dte 26 & also the red colored aero hydraulic oil, so will try those with a bit of methanol to see if it mixes, then put it in one of those cans that can be pressurized & weve got it!! I mixed some of the wd & other stuff with methanol & it separates very quickly.. thanks for the tip, Ill have to do some mixing & see what happens.........

Ive been out of boats for several years & have been back in for about a year now & have a bit to learn Ha!!

Mike Shuttleworth

impba 3548

Thanks Dave, I can get hold of Model Technics here in Germany. Is this is after-run oil (just to crank over a few times after cleaning) or an after-run fuel (actually start and run the engine with it). Sorry for this stupid question, but it seems from the discussion that you have both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stein, That oil is good enough just to put in the carb either with the engine running or stopped. If the engine is not running then just turn it over a few times by hand to distribute the oil. No need to flush the engine first with any other kind of fuel/water displacer.

Dave

Back