Novarossi of America...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, I will be out of town again all next week, so if you need anything soon, please get with me by Thursday evening.

Also, it looks like I am going to have a big change to life and business...

Donna and I are looking to move to Washington state for me to go back to school! We have been completley blessed over the last 28 years of doing the Air Force life and have been completley tickled to have done the AF simulator flight instructor pilot for the last 4 years, but we feel God is calling us to take a different path. I will be attending the North West School of Wooden Boat Building in Port Hadlock WA.

I have always done a lot of wood working and have always been around boats (full size and models), so it makes sense to combine the two. As I looked for a place to go to school, one of my highest prioritys was to go somewhere where the nitro boating was still strong (you remember a while back when I mentioned NC). I am very happy to be getting back to some very good friends in the NW and I look forward to being able to run boats a LOT MORE than I have been over the last 5 or 6 years.

I of course will remain completely commited to Novarossi and look forward to several new projects in the works! I do not know how my school will effect my day to day Novarossi business, but I suspect I will not be nearly as availabe to take calls during the day as I am now. School starts 1 Oct and my average day will be at least 8 hours a day at the shop. I'm sure the details will work out great, but I may need to ask for a little patience from you guys as I may not always get orders out the next day.

Thanks for everything!!!!

GQ

We are thrilled to have you coming back to the Pacific North West. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Did you send a boat out so you can race? If not, I have a trailer full of boats, just pick a class and I will set you up.

Glenn,

Im just pissed you are not coming to North Carolina, God's country!!!!.... :) ....Lol

Im glad to hear you are doing what you enjoy and look for new RC boat designs to be coming from you one day from what you learned about the full sized wooden boats. Good luck with your venture and keep the NR products going strong.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends, I will be out of town again all next week, so if you need anything soon, please get with me by Thursday evening.

Also, it looks like I am going to have a big change to life and business...

Donna and I are looking to move to Washington state for me to go back to school! We have been completley blessed over the last 28 years of doing the Air Force life and have been completley tickled to have done the AF simulator flight instructor pilot for the last 4 years, but we feel God is calling us to take a different path. I will be attending the North West School of Wooden Boat Building in Port Hadlock WA.

I have always done a lot of wood working and have always been around boats (full size and models), so it makes sense to combine the two. As I looked for a place to go to school, one of my highest prioritys was to go somewhere where the nitro boating was still strong (you remember a while back when I mentioned NC). I am very happy to be getting back to some very good friends in the NW and I look forward to being able to run boats a LOT MORE than I have been over the last 5 or 6 years.

I of course will remain completely commited to Novarossi and look forward to several new projects in the works! I do not know how my school will effect my day to day Novarossi business, but I suspect I will not be nearly as availabe to take calls during the day as I am now. School starts 1 Oct and my average day will be at least 8 hours a day at the shop. I'm sure the details will work out great, but I may need to ask for a little patience from you guys as I may not always get orders out the next day.

Thanks for everything!!!!

GQ
It will be good to have you in the NW racing with us, I'm looking forward to finally meeting you this weekend at the race. The plan is to finally get the NR .46 going in my glass Mutt.

Jeff

We'll see, it needs another glue job in the radio box but Sunday for sure. I live in Mt. Vernon all week this summer and can't work on boats up here.

Jeff

We are thrilled to have you coming back to the Pacific North West. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Did you send a boat out so you can race? If not, I have a trailer full of boats, just pick a class and I will set you up.
Kelly, I am very excited also!!! No I did not send a boat...no more than I have been able to run the last few years I don't think I have anything race ready! I will have plenty of fun just visiting, pitting, working the retrieve boat, etc.

But Ron, you have it all wrong. WASHINGTON IS GOD'S COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No other state has what Washington does, climates and terrains that are similar to every other part of the country.

Glenn, welcome to D-8 :D I'll try to swing down on Sunday to say Hi and give JD a bit of needed harrassing as well. I probably won't be bringing a boat so the guys don't need to hold their breathe over me being on the water :ph34r:

But Ron, you have it all wrong. WASHINGTON IS GOD'S COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No other state has what Washington does, climates and terrains that are similar to every other part of the country.

Glenn, welcome to D-8 :D I'll try to swing down on Sunday to say Hi and give JD a bit of needed harrassing as well. I probably won't be bringing a boat so the guys don't need to hold their breathe over me being on the water :ph34r:

Hahaha......and more rain than a rainforest in the deepest part of any jungle!!!!!..... ;) Glenn, bring back a bushel of the one thing good that does come out of Washington, APPLES!!!!!!..... :D

NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are several states that get more rain that we do and, best of all, we've had only one or two tornadoes and no hurricanes here in the last 50 years. After riding out Sandy in Boston and spending time on the east and Gulf coasts, I would rather live here and brave our torential downpours than deal with yours per the rankings obtained from http://www.currentre...test-states.php :p

As for good things from this area, there's apples, king salmon, potatoes, pairs, peaches, cherries, shellfish, crab, and some of the best wines in the country. While we're talking about good things from Washington, you have to include the Gooy Duck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZhQLoYIbJ4

Glad you are following your dream Glen,You will be up close to some of the best lakes,Like Tahoe,Is one of the best lakes for wooden boats.

My father in law had A 31' Hacker craft in lake Gorge NY.That is when I my love for wooden boats started.Good luck..

Let me know when you get the 21 motors in?

NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are several states that get more rain that we do and, best of all, we've had only one or two tornadoes and no hurricanes here in the last 50 years. After riding out Sandy in Boston and spending time on the east and Gulf coasts, I would rather live here and brave our torential downpours than deal with yours per the rankings obtained from http://www.currentre...test-states.php :p

As for good things from this area, there's apples, king salmon, potatoes, pairs, peaches, cherries, shellfish, crab, and some of the best wines in the country. While we're talking about good things from Washington, you have to include the Gooy Duck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZhQLoYIbJ4
Dang Mark. I forgot about the wineries there..... :) That moves you up several notches on the list.... :D

Back