Nova 46...good info to know

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you guys using the flanged or un flanged bearings?
On my 45 boat I am using 4 unflanged. Two right next to each other towards the front of the stub shaft and 2 next to each other about 1/4" in front of the drive dog.

On my other boats I have used a flanged bearing at the very end in front of the drive dog. I have seen no difference...it just depends on how you want to set them up.

GQ

Glenn/Guys, these are the timings i got Novarossi to do(everyone might come up with a very slightly different measurement):Main exhuast should be 189

sud exhaust should be 186

opening on crank 210

closing 69

boost 134

transfer 132

head volume .40cc

carb bore --11mm (.430thou)

regards Aaron
just curious, how do these parameters compare to other popular .45 marine engines (currently) on the market- ie. Picco .45 Blue Head, A/A .45, CMB .45 VAC Blue Head, etc.,...?

On my 45 boat I am using 4 unflanged. Two right next to each other towards the front of the stub shaft and 2 next to each other about 1/4" in front of the drive dog.On my other boats I have used a flanged bearing at the very end in front of the drive dog. I have seen no difference...it just depends on how you want to set them up
interesting, 4 bearings? What is the length of your strut tube/housing?

Last edited by a moderator:
On my 45 boat I am using 4 unflanged. Two right next to each other towards the front of the stub shaft and 2 next to each other about 1/4" in front of the drive dog.On my other boats I have used a flanged bearing at the very end in front of the drive dog. I have seen no difference...it just depends on how you want to set them up
interesting, 4 bearings? What is the length of your strut tube/housing?
David, all 4 bearings fit in about 1.5". I have 2 bearings right together, then about a 1" brass tube spacer and then the other 2 bearings.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone provide the Top of Liner to Top of Piston Measurement. I would like to put it in the Engine Analysis software.

Glenn do you use the welded/brazed joint on the flex & stub joint because the flex is the same o/d as the stub. Martin.

So any one measure the OD of the liner or the wrist pin dia or is this top secret?

Are there any parts available yet? If so the price?

David

So any one measure the OD of the liner or the wrist pin dia or is this top secret?

David
Glenn Quarles posts his phone # on every response.......get on the phone and ask him..........

I just opened up the box with a vary nice NR 46 engine in it. Thank You Aaron and Glenn for working on NR to bring us this engine.

Know it is time for me to rock and roll on the OB kits for them.

Mark

I just opened up the box with a vary nice NR 46 engine in it. Thank You Aaron and Glenn for working on NR to bring us this engine.

Know it is time for me to rock and roll on the OB kits for them.

Mark
Yeah rock and roll stop calling me about ice fishing!!!!!!

David
David, I just got home from Christmas...

The sleeve OD is .984 and wrist pin is about .213 (I don't have an actual pin to measure...just checing the ID on the wrist pin hole in the piston).

GQ

Guys, I just got home from the big Christmas road trip and am trying to get all the orders packed up. They will either go out this afternoon after I get off work or tomorrow.

I have a few motors left.

Thanks!

Glenn

Back