new rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert garnas

Hello i'm new to this site but would like some help as to what i will need to finish my christmas present (cmd rigger). i have the 90% kit on it's way should be here in a couple weeks. i will be using a quickdraw 25ht rear exhaust motor and spectrum marine radio. I was thinking of using some jr 8711 hv servo's in it so that i can run a 2s lipo without a regulator, what do you think? Also where do i get the two part epoxy to seal the boat? As far as paint goes just regular house of color paint or?? i have never built a boat before so this wiil be the first so, i do have a rigger now that i will be pulling the motor out of but it is an older boat i got of ebay and don't know much about. Thank you for any help you guys can give me i know this is a top of the line boat and i would like to build it right.

Well being your first boat I would chuck the spectrum radio. Too many people have had too much trouble with it. Futaba FASST is the way to go. Any good slow curing epoxy would work to seal the boat. Any good 2 pack paint would be fine. Remember to re-square all the running edges as the paint would round them and make the boat not release off the water.

Enjoy your new boat

Well being your first boat I would chuck the spectrum radio. Too many people have had too much trouble with it. Futaba FASST is the way to go. Any good slow curing epoxy would work to seal the boat. Any good 2 pack paint would be fine. Remember to re-square all the running edges as the paint would round them and make the boat not release off the water.

Enjoy your new boat
Spectrum is great I have never had a problem. Just make sure u use the MARINE RECEIVER.

thanks guys, i run spectrum marine now and have had no problems with it so i'm going to keep this radio system in it. i just orderd two jr8711 hv servo's yesterday for it they have 480 oz. of TQ. so im sure that will be fine. how much of the west systems epoxy do i need to order and is there a certin one that i need to get?

Back