New Plan: Cheese .12 Outrigger Hydroplane!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

The Cheese .12 design testing is going excellent. I have decided to start selling the boat plan with kits scheduled to be available mid/late summer. The Cheese .12 outrigger hydroplane is an all out heat racing design. It is designed for the hot new .12 engines currently available. It is stable in tough heat racing conditions and can put you in the winners circle! It includes a 3 view drawing and a parts cut out page. It is an electronic .zip file with .dxg .dwg and .dc file formats. It is automatically downloadable after purchase. Check it out at: www.FireFighterBoats.com

Hi All,

I just want to post some pic's of the Cheese .12 I have built.

HPIM0680.jpg

HPIM0677.jpg

HPIM0679.jpg

Thanks for the great Boat Tom.

Paul

Looks like a nice design Tom.

You did a nice job on building yours Paul. What props are working for you?

Mark

The props that do work are x637,v937,1938 I haven't tried the old faithful props i ran last season which would be the 215 or the grim 40x53. The 2137 did not work , I tried but couldn't get the boat to catch and get on plane just would cavatate for about 20ft and would die.

Paul

Tom
Not to give away all your secrets but what are the major diff's from the original 12 or the Blazin 12?

Is it roughly the same size?

Thanks,

Tom W

Tom M.,

Looks like a cute little boat... Can you tell me what the tub dimensions are??

The boat looks great, but if I may add some non insulting changes. First, the front and rear sponson chine angles could be increase for more antitrip. Second, there looks to be No dihedral on the front sponsons. You might want to add a little to get a variable rate foot print progression for less drag, plus will help with the antitrip. I am very big on chine angles. They help in stable cornering when the water is crazy rough. A lot of chine angle is desirable to a point, but makes the sponson tops to wide & bulky so you have to back cut the decks like road runner does to streamline the profile. By the way Road runner did not invent that idea, it been around since the 1950's or earlier. Other than those items I just described the little "Cheesy Rider" is looking good !! ;)

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul, That thing rocks!........................ :p

Does it come with a bouy magnet. an anti styrofoam device :lol: lol

I need to talk to ya about the nats

give me a call.........

Big AL

The boat looks great, but if I may add some non insulting changes. First, the front and rear sponson chine angles could be increase for more antitrip. Second, there looks to be No dihedral on the front sponsons. You might want to add a little to get a variable rate foot print progression for less drag, plus will help with the antitrip. I am very big on chine angles. They help in stable cornering when the water is crazy rough. A lot of chine angle is desirable to a point, but makes the sponson tops to wide & bulky so you have to back cut the decks like road runner does to streamline the profile. By the way Road runner did not invent that idea, it been around since the 1950's or earlier. Other than those items I just described the little "Cheesy Rider" is looking good !! ;)
John

LOL's

around here FFr front ends dont actually touch the water .. is that a secret ? shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. LOl's

will it turn a 1440?

nice boat Mr cheese.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it will turn a 1440 and it has turned a 1640. I am still working on setup to get the boat working to its full potential :)

Paul

My nickname is chucky (sometimes). If I get one of your cheese boats, just think, it would be a Chucky Cheese. Yea. :D :D :D

I just finished my new Firefighter 12 today. I haven't ran it yet.

Right now it is just a Chucky. When it grows up it wants to be a Chucky Cheese. :D

A picture is in my gallery.

Back