New build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed.R

Here is a link to photos of my first build. If anybody sees anything I may miss please let me know. Comments are welcome and also lots of advice. Not sure how I'll finish it. Paint or just clear.

Leaninng toward clear. PPG acrylic urethane clear. Or I'll see if work can do it for free. Have to mount motor and cowl nuts yet , then I can paint/clear? Make up my mind.

Ed.R

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=345

Nice work, Ed. I'd think you'd be obligated to paint it black and yellow and wipe it off with a "Terrible Towel."

It hard to tell from the photo, have you filled the overhang on the non-trip to create the strake?

JD

Ed

I also made a comment at the other posting about the strake.

JD also points it out, about the strake, the overhang.

And he knows.

ROnald.

Nice work, Ed. I'd think you'd be obligated to paint it black and yellow and wipe it off with a "Terrible Towel."

It hard to tell from the photo, have you filled the overhang on the non-trip to create the strake?

JD
I sure did . I used some west systems to fill it . Thank you for the comments .

Do you mount the motor at 3/16 above the bottom sponsons?

Thanks for designing a great boat and set of plans to go with it .

I'll have to think about a 28/30 next.

Ed.R

Black and Yellow <_<

Just went down to the shop and measured my WOF 34 w/K&B 7.5 Pro. I'm 1/4" above the bottom of the sponons running an Octura X447.

JD

OK , thanks and I know I have a x447 , I was going to try on my Lap Cat.

Thanks JD

Ed.R

Nice build there Ed. Let us know how it runs. I finally got one of my 34"s painted. Test fire will be tomorrow and running will be Monday.

Nice build there Ed. Let us know how it runs. I finally got one of my 34"s painted. Test fire will be tomorrow and running will be Monday.

I know I can find this info some where on this forum, but how did you finish yours? Paint type , clear ect..

I noticed wal - mart has House of color paint in little rattle cans , they would be pefect or I'll go with something easy first.

Ed.R

Paint is eurothane (I believe), clear coat is PPG 2021 w/ hardner.. Mine was painted white and then added "Arc Yellow" pigment to the clear coat. Boat looks orange, but it will be seen on the water. I'll have to post a pic of it when I get home in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you decide to paint use primmer the paiint will go on more smoth.

By the way I like the double angle on the sponson tops.

Back