My new .12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty,

I do a ABC 40 x 53 B/C and it runs very well also.

They have just 1 mm less pitch than the 1440's.

Glenn really liked the way the ABC propeller responded

also. The cupping can be reduced a little bit more and

it will still be fast at the top. You should be able to

drive it in traffic, maybe 3.00" is the ticket on your set up.

Thanks For The Feedback,

I Like Happy Customers!!!

Mark Sholund

Mark gave me a 40 x 53 to try on my JAE 12; it is definitely faster than my 1440, and mills well. THaks Mark. BTW I need to throw more prop at my boat yet. :)

Mark gave me a 40 x 53 to try on my JAE 12; it is definitely faster than my 1440, and mills well. THaks Mark. BTW I need to throw more prop at my boat yet. :)
I was thinkin' about giving that one a try, but I will wait until I need more props before I order.

Marty

Here is a video of the 4th heat of .18 hydro class in Duvall. We had 6 .12 Hydros in each heat. It was absolutely crazy. I wish I could show you a video of the 1st heat in which I won, but my camera woman dropped the ball :D In this heat I had the lead in this heat until my antenna mast folded over and hit my prop. Due to the lack of identifying characteristics of these little riggers, we were required to put different colored flags made out of electrical tape on our antenna masts. The extra weight caused the antenna to fold over backwards. No excuses though :rolleyes: everyone was required, to do this, so it could have happened to anybody. All in all, I think my rigger is very competitive. Hopefully I will do better at the next race.

http://www.youtube.com/user/shiragakun?feature=mhum

Nice Boats.... If ya dont mind me asking, Why was there so many bouy cuts before the race.... sorta like cutting a whole corner to get better placement on the course with the clock?

Paul

FANTASTIC! We tested a bunch of .12 rigger props a few years ago... that as best for me. The v937 is stupid fast,.. but not as good for racing, at least in my boats.

I just got back from testing. You are all right. All questions about props set aside, the 1440 B/C is the prop. I have that prop coupled up with 66% and an M59. When I get on the pipe it is freakin' rocket. Thanks for all your help guys
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Joe is going to try that with his nova.12 soon.. B) were running 50%nitro in all of our boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Paul! What's it been? 7 years or so? How have you been? I guess Namba rules allow for it as long as you pick up the start bouy. I'm still getting used to it myself, haha.

Hey Paul! What's it been? 7 years or so? How have you been? I guess Namba rules allow for it as long as you pick up the start bouy. I'm still getting used to it myself, haha.
Marty, It was definitely alot of fun with all those little riggers running all over the place. Are you going to make it on the 28th?

Jim

Here is a video of the 4th heat of .18 hydro class in Duvall. We had 6 .12 Hydros in each heat. It was absolutely crazy. I wish I could show you a video of the 1st heat in which I won, but my camera woman dropped the ball :D In this heat I had the lead in this heat until my antenna mast folded over and hit my prop. Due to the lack of identifying characteristics of these little riggers, we were required to put different colored flags made out of electrical tape on our antenna masts. The extra weight caused the antenna to fold over backwards. No excuses though :rolleyes: everyone was required, to do this, so it could have happened to anybody. All in all, I think my rigger is very competitive. Hopefully I will do better at the next race.

http://www.youtube.com/user/shiragakun?feature=mhum
Looking good!

Nice Boats.... If ya dont mind me asking, Why was there so many bouy cuts before the race.... sorta like cutting a whole corner to get better placement on the course with the clock?

Paul
I justed asked the same thing the other day. Sure would make starting easier!!! Only rookies like me she be allowed to do it though!!!!

It must be a NAMBA sanctioned event using the half-mill start.
You are correct Ron, this was one of our NAMBA district 8 races. In NAMBA we use the half course mill,after you pick up the left corner and the start bouy you can then cut from front to back.Makes for some very good starts and makes it very competitive.

It must be a NAMBA sanctioned event using the half-mill start.
You are correct Ron, this was one of our NAMBA district 8 races. In NAMBA we use the half course mill,after you pick up the left corner and the start bouy you can then cut from front to back.Makes for some very good starts and makes it very competitive.
In the JMPBA we have half course mill only. We weren't allowed to cross the starting plane to the left of the start buoy either.For me, being given a choice, was a little hard to get used to. Also, having to yield to the guys taking full laps, was a little bit intense at first, In the video, you can see JD sensei giving me hell about it
unsure.gif
. But I think I got the hang of it now. I've raced a lot of different classes of hydro, but I think .12 hydros are the most nerve racking. Now to figure out a way to make them stand out individually with out having to use the antenna mast as a flag. I think I'm going to make a small aluminum bracket and mount it on to the front left sponson or the front of the tub with 2 sided tape. Then, I will screw a 3"X3" abs plastic colored plate to it. This will make these tiny little riggers more visible to the field of racers if one stalls out, too. With out any color scheme, and being as small as they are, they are literally invisible when they are dead in the water. See the photo for an example what I mean by abs plastic plates.

P8298090_small.JPG

Back