My Agenda if Elected National Gas Director

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ApacheBobRacing said:

I’m NOT Anti Nitro by any means I bring this up to let the Nitro guys that if elected to the Position Of Gas Director I will concentrate on Gas Issues.

110364[/snapback]

Bob, does your club allow Nitro boats to run at your practice pond? Just a Nitro guy from your area without a practice pond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said Riph, "Two way street". There is No Option for a person running in F-class with a nitro motor. Districts and Area races can make the decision as it applies to that situtation.

Are you running for Gas Director? And why not close this loop hole? You have worked EXTREMELY HARD on Making ALL the CURENT RULES SPECIFIC............

Yet this particular one is not on the table

Show US . Close this one, or open it. You are doing such a GREAT job rewriting eveything to detail.

Reason: The V-Rod motors are killing the Pro bike classes in NHRA. As of the Next race everyone else gets a 10lb weight break. Now the arguement starts. Are they the same class of motor ........................while running in the the same class??????????

Hey Guys,

I think most guys just like to run boats and do not mind mixing the two. It is somewhat odd that some of the guys that complain the most on the net do not race at sanctioned races and some do not even belong to IMPBA.
LOL, the 2%ers. I met some when I brought my "toy boats" out to play. :rolleyes:

Paul.

Rip I appreciate your concerns. But I did 2 tours in Vietnam, Was wounded recieved a Purple Heart, A Silver & Bronze star. I Coached High School Football in Ohio for 20 years. In that time we won 2 State Titles, we were runner up 4 times and made the state playoffs 17 in the 20 years. I know what pressure is and being in the Fire is and trust me I think I can handle this posistion. :)

Joe our club is an all gas Club with approx 45 members. We have had guests come to our club Bi Monthly Races with Nitro Boats and there welcome to run, We put them in the closest matching class.

BigChuck said:
Like I said Riph, "Two way street".  There is No Option for a person running in F-class with a nitro motor. Districts and Area races can make the decision as it applies to that situtation.
110492[/snapback]

Exactly. What's good for one is good for the other. It doesn't bother me to mix them up on a local level, you want to do that then that's fine, just call it "open mono" or "open hydro". But now we have two definitive NATIONAL events, one that is called the GAS NATS. Can I bring my under 30cc nitro boat there? Nope. And then we have the Internats where now that the gas boats are running well certain people deem it ok to say they can run their under 30cc gas boat in F class. The reason typically given? "well the rule book doesn't say I can't". Funny part is how these same individuals who say this are the ones who oh so convienently choose NOT to read one simple sentence DIRECTLY below the displacement chart that sits all by itself & I quote-

Note: For Large Scale Gasoline engine classes see section “I”, Large Scale Gasoline.

This sentence tells you in plain frikkin' english to GO TO ANOTHER SECTION IF YOU RUN GAS!!!!!

I don't care if you want to mix it up at local levels, we do it. And it's not a "us vs. them" thing either as I run both! It's about being fair, equal, two way street, whatever the hell you want to call it. These individuals who manipulate the gas rules to be quite specific to prevent any nitro from sneekin' into any gas classes are the same who are fighting closing this loophole. That's not fair folks, you want to play in one field, you better be prepared to let that other field come play with you. Andy Brown said it so well- "if they want to run in F class why did we waste so much time & effort writing the original gas rules. We should have just thrown them all together" But no!!! Back then all we heard was how "unfair" it was. You picked you shoes now go walk in them & quit trying to fit your feet in someone else's shoes!

And that 2% thing, B.S. There are WAY more people than you think who would like to see this hole closed for good, they just choose to grumble & not be as vocal as those of us who choose to be.

Flak jacket now firmly in place. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
ApacheBobRacing said:
Rip I appreciate your concerns. But I did 2 tours in Vietnam, Was wounded recieved a Purple Heart, A Silver & Bronze star. I Coached High School Football in Ohio for 20 years. In that time we won 2 State Titles, we were runner up 4 times and made the state playoffs 17 in the 20 years. I know what pressure is and being in the Fire is and trust me I think I can handle this posistion.  :)
Joe our club is an all gas Club with approx 45 members. We have had guests come to our club Bi Monthly Races with Nitro Boats and there welcome to run, We put them in the closest matching class.

110500[/snapback]

Bob, I'm just interested in practice time not racing. Can a Nitro boat run on non race weekends?

Joe_Knesek said:
ApacheBobRacing said:
Rip I appreciate your concerns. But I did 2 tours in Vietnam, Was wounded recieved a Purple Heart, A Silver & Bronze star. I Coached High School Football in Ohio for 20 years. In that time we won 2 State Titles, we were runner up 4 times and made the state playoffs 17 in the 20 years. I know what pressure is and being in the Fire is and trust me I think I can handle this posistion.  :)

110500[/snapback]

Bob, I'm just interested in practice time not racing. Can a Nitro boat run on non race weekends?

110509[/snapback]

Sorry Joe I miss understood you. Our Pond is on one of the members Property. The pond is open to members only on Thursday Evening from 4:00 to 8:00 and then our race race days every other Sunday. Joe The Performance Model Boat Club runs every sunday ( not races ) at there pond located in Seville at a Camp Grounds located at the Intersection of 76 & 71. You can contact Rick Grenig at [email protected]

Back