My Agenda if Elected National Gas Director

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Stuber’s Agenda if elected National Gas Director

1. Return Cracker Box to only allow Canister Mufflers

2. Only allow Canister Mufflers on the new Super Stock Class

3. Make Rigger a specialty Class so it separates Riggers and Hydro’s

4. To promote new comers into joining IMPBA and to start racing I would like to make an amendment to allow the Pro Boat 1/8 Scale Hydro to run in the Sport Hydro Class. ( Pro Boat has sold thousands of these and I feel we should allow these people to race. This would be an amendment for Pro Boat ONLY. In time the Pro Boat owners would realize they need to step up a notch and possibly buy a more competitive hull)

5. Form a Rules Committee to tweak the rules not over haul them. Remove some of the Loop Holes. This Committee would have a representative from each and every District. The meetings would be held in a chat room rather than thru Emails so the Majority would be seen and heard. If Emails are used they would be sent as a mass mail to the Entire Committee.

6. Each new or changed rule would be voted on separately rather than in a bulk package by the Entire IMPBA Membership.

7. Cats will have there own class and not run be allowed to run with Hydro’s.

In Closing I’m not a Nitro Guy I never ran Nitro I started out running Gas. I’m NOT Anti Nitro by any means I bring this up to let the Nitro guys that if elected to the Position Of Gas Director I will concentrate on Gas Issues. If a Nitro specific issue comes to Vote I WILL abstain and not vote on an Issue I’m not qualified to Vote on. I hope I can earn your Votes. Bob Stuber

The District-2 Gas Director position, I was the District-2 Gas Director for 2 1/2 years, I created a LS-27 Mono Point Series and a Sport Hydro Point Series. In February I had Some Health Issues and gave up the District position because I was not able to attend District races and I felt I couldn’t give the job the required time and attention it needed. Well I’m feeling much better now and ready to give the National Gas Director Job 150%.

I would like to see a IMPBA nitro Cat class also.Seems to me theres alot of cats out there.I think your right about the riggers running against riggers and cats running against cats in the gassers

WEll BOB,

I an a Nitro guy and the one LOOP HOLE that you DID NOT mention

was the F-class loop Hole. If you want votes and you plan to ABSTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On NITRO ISSUE.

I SEE YOUR POINT! :ph34r: :ph34r:

BigChuck said:
WEll BOB,

was the F-class loop Hole. If you want votes and you plan to ABSTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On NITRO ISSUE.             

I SEE YOUR POINT! :ph34r:   :ph34r:

110369[/snapback]

Chuck you are absolulty correct that loophole that allows Gas to run with Nitro Frost's my Cookies. I know if Nitro boats showed up to the Gas Nats it would Piss Me Off. Why any Gas Guys feel the need to run in this class puzzles me. Bob Stuber

Last edited by a moderator:
Why any Gas Guys feel the need to run in this class puzzles me. Bob Stuber

110371[/snapback]

Cause they like to race! :lol: :lol: Dont think any nitro boaters mind at all.

ApacheBobRacing said:
BigChuck said:
WEll BOB,

On NITRO ISSUE.             

I SEE YOUR POINT! :ph34r:   :ph34r:

110369[/snapback]

Chuck you are absolulty correct that loophole that allows Gas to run with Nitro Frost's my Cookies. I know if Nitro boats showed up to the Gas Nats it would Piss Me Off. Why any Gas Guys feel the need to run in this class puzzles me. Bob Stuber

110371[/snapback]

You help fix that issue & you may get my vote plus alot of others I'm sure. :)

And I have both nitro & gas. B)

EXACTLY.................. To that issue. I also have a gas boat. And I want to race the BEST that GAS Classes have to offer.

The cross over thing Means NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! If I can not win with like equipment.

I WANT NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

There u have it BOB............... With all of the rule changes

in the gas classes. I

KNOW THERE IS NO CHANCE FOR IT BEING A TWO WAY STREET.

Close that BIG ISSUE and you should have No Problem here. ;) ;) ;)

Excellent agenda Bob!

There are times when gas and nitro may have to be run together just to fill a class but that should be up to the CD and entrants to decide that but these times are becoming rarer.

Running a separate Cat class from the 'riggers is a good move too. This way they know that the playing field is more level for them. It would be nice to see this in the Nitro classes eventually.

Having the Gas Nat's is fine but shouldn't the Internat's be called the Nitro Nat's? They did let some of those electric guys run this year though in the Open class.

The ProBoat thing I'm not too happy with at the moment, the reason being that right now it favors only one manufacturer and I can't imagine seeing 6 new boaters running 6 identical boats on the water. It could very well happen even if you allowed it to run against other Sport hydros.

Hi Guys,

They did let some of those electric guys run this year though in the Open class.
I was one of those "electric guys" and I really would like to see open cat and open mono stay as it is. Nitro, gas and FE powered boats doing battle together will do more for this hobby than you can imagine. The other thing would be an open hydro class.

98% of the guys I met at the Internats where really cool and gave us a warm reception, the othe 2%.....oh well.

The family that plays together stays together. ;)

Paul.

Ron Olson said:
Excellent agenda Bob!There are times when gas and nitro may have to be run together just to fill a class but that should be up to the CD and entrants to decide that but these times are becoming rarer.

110400[/snapback]

This is what I've said all along. If you need to mix it up at a local level that's cool but keep them seperate at the national level. No prejudices here, I run both. :)

Ron Olson said:
Having the Gas Nat's is fine but shouldn't the Internat's be called the Nitro Nat's? They did let some of those electric guys run this year though in the Open class.
110400[/snapback]

Something I also agree on now that the gas classes have thier own national event. Offer a few "open" classes if you want to mix it up. The IMPBA should also look real hard at restructuring the Internats (Nitro Nats) to shorten the event. The Gas Nats gang are getting it done in 4 days. :)

Ron Olson said:
The ProBoat thing I'm not too happy with at the moment, the reason being that right now it favors only one manufacturer and I can't imagine seeing 6 new boaters running 6 identical boats on the water. It could very well happen even if you allowed it to run against other Sport hydros.
110400[/snapback]

I agree on not just the ProBoat as there are alot of 1/8th scale nitro hulls that you could easily fit a Zen into that have rear shoes. They don't offer any real performance gains, they just help get the boat on plane. A properly set up scale with rear shoes won't have them touching the water when the boat is at speed. I would just restrict the size they can be to keep them "in scale". As far as 6 identical boats running together I don't see that happening but you can find ways to temporarily mark them. Besides, turning away a major manufacturer who stepped up & offered something to support us is like shooting yourself in the foot. :)

Bob, I also know that you have OTHERS that are running for this position. I would also ENCOURAGE those individuals to post their agendas here as well. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! ELSE has been concerning Impba and our hobby.

My own PERSONAL idea is that WE, Model Boating. Put on a BETTER SHOW with combined forces than INDIVIDUAL. We have not had the Gas NAts yet but I would think that all persons would benefit from EVERYONE being in one location for a four or five day period. That is MODEL POWERBOAT RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT GAS, NOT NITRO! " MODEL BOAT RACER"

The benefits to the purchasing power to what every your class is, the selling power to whatever your class is. The Selling point to what ever city, in terms of commerce for that location. A little "Birdy told me" that the Heat Racing National

Championships thing came up at the board meeting at the nats. With about 3-4

location wanting to host, but under that heading.............................

I can tell you all that, we LEANED HEAVYLY in that direction here in Atlanta this year. The response was " The Largest Spring NATS EVER" And The discussion is to go that route FULL TILT for 2006.

Rules are rules. And thats fine. You make them we inturpet them to the best of what we can get away with. That is racing also. But the fact we have let GOLDEN oppurtunities slip by this year that would have given us some NATIONAL EXPOSURE.

Think about it. If there is ONE date. For all heat racing Championships. Could you INVITE THE WHOLE WORLD OF MODEL BOAT RACING TO COME?????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

On another note I think a gas 1/8th scale class would be super cool. Patterned around current 1/8th scale nitro rules with some obvious tweaking, I know I would build one in a heartbeat. Everyone talks about how great it is watching the nitro 1/8th scales because how they look like the real thing. Picture a bunch of them with correctly done up paint schemes & markings but with gas power. Most late model turbine hulls have scoops tall enough to conceal even the spark plug. Now THAT would be awesome! B)

BigChuck said:
A little "Birdy told me" that the Heat Racing National

Championships thing came up at the board meeting at the nats. With about 3-4

location wanting to host, but under that heading.............................

110418[/snapback]

Chuck, your little birdie is feeding you worms..... That issue did not come up in regards to the other sites interested in hosting. There were indeed 3 other sites that voiced interest, but they were not contingent on changing the format.

I think the idea has merit though.

Do the Gas NATS run Time trials as part of the event??

Brian

D14 director

Don Ferrette said:
Brian Schymik said:
I think the idea has merit though.Do the Gas NATS  run Time trials as part of the event??

110435[/snapback]

No. That's why they can get it done in 4 days. B)

110436[/snapback]

Well that makes a huge problem then cause nitro guys want to run trials.Its better under the current format top 5 but before everyone got to tt today that would take forever......Mikey

"Besides, turning away a major manufacturer who stepped up & offered something to support us is like shooting yourself in the foot."

This brings up the problem of every boat manufacturer like ProBoat, Aquacraft, CEN Racing, Kyosho and now Aeromarine entering the market with .15's, .16's, .18's and .32's that will want a class for their boats. So far as I know, no club has held a class for the 1/12th scale Miss Bud/Llumar's. Bill and Jon were working on revising the ABS class rules which never got used either to accomodate some of these boats. Bill and I discussed this shortly after he took office. He wanted to keep the engine limit at .165 while I felt that there really isn't much of a HP and RPM gain with the .18's as they are sport engines, not race engines. Keepng the .18's out would eliminate some of the CEN's and the Mean Machine 18.

I'd like to know if ProBoat or any of the others have approached any sanctioning body to attempt to make their boats legal. If they seriously wanted to get into racing, why wouldn't they just go ahead and build one to racing specs and not with bastard sized engines? So far, Aquacraft is the only one that I know of that is currently making class legal nitro boats and have more coming out. I am only referring to the mass-produced RTR Nitro boats here.

Sorry, I may have gotten WAY off-topic here, I get that way but I think that you see my point I hope.

Brain & Mike. How much did TT and oval change your position after the heats were over?

As far as I can tell we are the only ones offering US-1 for a Three phase points system. US-1 in offshore is offerd after total for the season. They have single race for National champioships. And a Two day event that Attracts the WORLD,

to the World ChampionShips

Can of Worms, SOUR Grapes What EVER Brain. Makes no difference. When El Presidente makes a statement as to the number of times one District has hosted the internats over the last few years. IT TIME TO REINVENT THE WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob you resigned from the District 2 Gas Director position because of your were having health problems. I can assure you the National Gas Director position will be much more demanding than the District position. I admire your desire to throw you hat into the ring for the Nat. Gas Position but please remember that your health is much more important than the position. You might want to talk to Norman Morton about the pressure the position carries with it.

Running gas boats in F class. Guys it is pretty simple, a gas motor up to 30cc is a legal F motor but a F nitro motor up to 30cc is not a legal gas motor. ;) With the declining number of boats at the races we need to think about increasing the number not cut it even more. In most District 7 races we have to run the gas boats with the nitro boats in order for the nitro guys to be able to run. I think most guys just like to run boats and do not mind mixing the two. It is somewhat odd that some of the guys that complain the most on the net do not race at sanctioned races and some do not even belong to IMPBA. Kinda remind me of the ole CB radio days. :rolleyes:

Do you mean that you want to allow one specific MFG's 4 point hydro (proboat) to run in the Gas Sport Hydro class? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I think Mr. Thomas, Mr. Muck and other 4 point hydro MFG's might be a little unhappy about that. :(

Well that's my allotment for one day, I'm off the air. :)

Back